MOSBY'S RAIDERS | POST SHOW LIVE | Ride Shots

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mosby's Raiders | Tank and Seat

PURDY!!!!

Re: Mosby's Raiders | Security System

The alarm kinda works up front, but I don't think you could see around it.

I miss seeing the amazing front of your bike. A tiny bell about the size of a headlight would be great though.

Maybe try to mount the hatchet in the frame triangle?

I love your build, careful not to go too crazy though! I always have to remind myself, Just because I can, doesn't mean I should!

Beautiful build, one of my faves, keep it up! (Just don't strap on the kitchen sink next!)

bike2112 said:
Oh, I was just playing around with some stuff I have. I thought it would be funny. I am definately taking the streamline approach on this build. No big bells or hatchets. Just one small headlights up front.

Thanks a bunch for the compliments. I am trying t make a bike that someone back in the 20's would make if they just got back from the races and wanted to turn their bike into a racer and all they had was their grandpa's shed full of parts out back.

That is what I like to hear! (Though a little bell up front might be really cool!!)

Re: Mosby's Raiders | Photo Update 6/3

This bike just flows!!
I never get tired of looking at those cool bars1

Re: Mosby's Raiders | Tires on the way

Nice pics, its looking good. Your gonna be laid out on your stomach riding that thing! How are you gonna stabilize the rear of the seat? I picture a U shaped piece of round bar under the rear seat & attached to the seat and welded to the seat stay tubes.

DSCN3683.jpg

Dude, the line from the frame through the tank and seat is MONEY!

I also dig the Faraway in place of a headlight, wicked cool that is.
The cream Thick Bricks will look SPECTACULAR with the paint too.

Are you going to upholster the seat? if so, you could always run two bolts through the pan and then through fender bridge, this angle looks like it plenty wide enough. Again, loving the transition from frame to seat... with those INSANE forks, I handlebars, it looks like the 'Headless Horseman'
DSCN3699.jpg

Don't know what you plan to use to 'cap off' the steering tube, but here's a simple solution:
$(KGrHqNHJEwE92gJ2C6gBPoMf,D6i!~~60_3.JPG

Or even a simple bar end plug...

Can you tell I like your bike? :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Maybe even go with something odd as you steering tube cap.
Pool ball
Compass
Big coin
Gun sight!!!!!!

Old football?That's brilliant.

Circa Cycles said:

I know, that's one more thing for me to keep my eye out for at yard sales. :roll:

kingfish254 said:
Circa Cycles said:

I know, that's one more thing for me to keep my eye out for at yard sales. :roll:

I'll keep my eyes peeled while garage sailing and if I find one before you do,I'll send it to you :wink:
Yes.I spelled it that way on purpose.

Quarters fit perfect.I used a Colorado quarter on last year's build.You can use a quarter to size things that may look cool on your rig.
I found a curtain finnial in the street that fits the horn button on my tank that's kinda cool.
That's why I love digging through coffee cans full of stuff at garage sales :eek:

I forget which build it was last year, but they had a wicked large steel spike pointing up.

Now yer talkin'

Re: Mosby's Raiders | Question about Rims

I agree that painted rims would be better with the creme tires.

It might be cool to paint a rim color stripe on the tires.

Safe Travels!

Latest posts

Back