MooN Raker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love love love the fork, been wanting one for ever!
Looking forward to see what you come up with for this one.:cool2:

Subscribed.

Thanks R-man [emoji1303]
As last years fist place winner & a amazing bike builder much props .
By the way this is one fork I haven’t seen on a TRM convertible tank . It would be a good fit with no moving parts in the way of that beautiful tank ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Did get some bike time in tonight. I wanted to show of another unusual part to this bike .
The Evans colson has a quil stem seat post .
I have never seen one before because this is my first Evans .
IMG_2973.jpg
IMG_2971.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to turn this into a l laid-back see post I like to put my builds . I will have to ask my old buddy Ed the welder for his opinion .
Or maybe my grand dog she’s pretty smart too.
IMG_2979.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to turn this into a l laid-back see post I like to put my builds . I will have to ask my old buddy Ed the welder for his opinion .
Weld an extension off the back?

More glamour shots ,
Put a spacer at the rear wheel also trying to keep the fender tighter to the 2.35 Hutchinson tires .
I’m not positive they are the right fenders anyway. The pictures I’ve see this bike has a more squared contour fender. These are rounded and deep more like monarch.
Also the mounting holes needed to be slotted somewhat so they would line up .
IMG_2975.jpg

Worked some dent out of the fender with my USA made dolly tool .
IMG_2974.jpg

Then was able to get the rack on with some more adjustments. Doesn’t look like much progress but believe it or not it took awhile to get this far . I still have to get a chain on it and adjusted to make sure everything still going to fit without rubbing .
IMG_2977.jpg
IMG_2976.jpg

I Did get some bike time in tonight. I wanted to show of another unusual part to this bike .
The Evans colson has a quil stem seat post .
I have never seen one before because this is my first Evans .
View attachment 94068View attachment 94069
Or maybe my grand dog she’s pretty smart too. View attachment 94070

Murray Ohio, used those
Seatpost, as well,, on some models .

Put some wheel on this thing looks pretty good . They came off a phat cycle bike I had . The front wheel with the over size spoke ring matches this fork pretty well . I also like the black on black look .
My neighbor gave me the tires there 2.35 wide although they really don’t look it they give this old bike a little more than modern look.. Also This frame and fork Have a fairly wide space so putting a wider tire in here is no problem. I’m already in a little deep on this bike so buying new tires is out of the question these are going to have to work.
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was almost able to put 3” wide ties on this frame & fork . With some miner frame modifications I could easily do it . But not really sure I want to do that to a original frame and fork . All though it’s not OG pint .
Ya and the paint that’s another story. Still not sure what I will do there . I have a few ideas & some that will just work it self out when I get there .
Not sure if I should polish the chrome or paint it , or maybe both.
Also was thinking maybe i should try stripping this old paint off and to get to the OG . See what color I can get out of it that way.
Time will tell if MooN Raker gets a out of This world look or not ....
One thing for sure 007 always gets the girl !!!!

Last edited:
Somehow I'm thinking 'shiny' on this one G. Bond always had his Aston Martin shined to perfection! Some metallic overspray (or under coat) would be cool....kind of a 'galaxy' look to it.

I just thought of something. Last year you built a 'Skylark' and now you are building another sky / space related bike.
**OJ's ADHD just kicked in** :bigsmile:

Latest posts

Back