**MONSTER HIGGINS** 7/20 update HEADBADGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS** 5-8-update FAT TIRES

yoothgeye said:
bebopblu said:
Love the dual headlites - mind if I steal that idea?????? :)

ndaway... say yes you mind. :lol:
:lol: :lol: well if it was my idea butt... I know I'm not the first or the last to have done this and for full disclosure I came up with the idea from build off #2 winner :mrgreen:

Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS** 5-8-update FAT TIRES

Thanks-I may use that or maybe one on top of the other ? will be watching your build - have fun

Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS** 5-12-update DRIVE TRAIN

Today i took care of the other problems of a FAT tire.. the chain and chain guard clearance 8) I had to add two extra spacers behind the chain ring and it all works great no rub from tire on frame and no rub from chain on tire or chain guard and chain runs straight :D :D Since the first bike i ever built that looked good but rode bad i factor in ride ability 8) since there are hills in my area i replaced the 52 tooth stock ring for a 44 and a big 22 rear with the three speeds it should ride good even with the heavy big tires ( I hope) :D
001-13.jpg
and a short video :mrgreen:

Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS** 5-12-update DRIVE TRAIN

ndaway said:
Today i took care of the other problems of a FAT tire.. the chain and chain guard clearance 8) I had to add two extra spacers behind the chain ring and it all works great no rub from tire on frame and no rub from chain on tire or chain guard and chain runs straight :D :D Since the first bike i ever built that looked good but rode bad i factor in ride ability 8) since there are hills in my area i replaced the 52 tooth stock ring for a 44 and a big 22 rear with the three speeds it should ride good even with the heavy big tires ( I hope) :D
001-13.jpg
and a short video :mrgreen:
I thought that's what the three speed was for.

Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS** 5-16-update NEW SEAT!

In the unfinished part of my basement we have a big corner that has a huge trainset that the kids haven't played with in years. This weekend I'm tearing it down and moving my tools and bikes into a little climate controlled workshop 8)

Looking awesome so far, can't wait to see it finished!

Those little short throw shifters work great with the nexus, but when you take them apart for paint, pay close attention to the sequence of all those little brass washers and how many were on each side of the plastic cover! Just TRUST me on this, it won't shift if you have them wrong :oops:

WOW I wish you had posted that earlier :lol: I spent last night taking the shifter apart and then back together for over an hour LOL. It was either to loose or to tight to shift butt I finally got it :wink: it shifts perfect

ndaway said:
WOW I wish you had posted that earlier :lol: I spent last night taking the shifter apart and then back together for over an hour LOL. It was either to loose or to tight to shift butt I finally got it :wink: it shifts perfect

Been THERE! Sorry I didn't see this until today. If you extend the handle, the plastic "nut" in the center will loosen (vibration) too and throw off the shift pattern :oops:
Keep it short and check it often :wink:

Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS** 5-19-update FENDERS!

still working on the corner in my basement to be my new work place so didnt get much done this weekend..I did a mock up with the shifter and JC Higgins sighn (with zip ties for now) and it still needed something so i found some fenders to fit the 3" tires and just sat them on and i like it :D so this week i will paint them the brown and off white colors of the chain guard :mrgreen:
0035.jpg
005-9.jpg
0045.jpg

Lookin' good! :p

Looks like your almost done.
I like where you mounted the shifter.

Latest posts

Back