**MONSTER HIGGINS** 7/20 update HEADBADGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS**

I plan on fitting the tires and doing some paint work this weekend. for now i was trying out some forks, the stock ones wont fit a 3" tire :shock: I tried a mountain bike fork i had but didnt like it so i put on a tube fork and thought it would be kinda plain so i experimented with a double headlight set up then i sprayed some of the textured paint i had wanted to use and it seemed to dull so i tried some hammered paint and i think i like that
004-9.jpg
002-10.jpg

Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS** 5-2-update

Cool! I'm diggin the double headlight setup!

I've wondered what a frame would look like painted with that paint that resembles stone....the rough texture, multi-colored paint for outdoor furniture!

Paint a Klunker and call it "Stone Bruiser"! :D

brett4christ said:
I've wondered what a frame would look like painted with that paint that resembles stone....the rough texture, multi-colored paint for outdoor furniture!

when I was looking at paint I thought about useing that maybe some time...Any way I think I like the dual headlight idea but not the way they are now so tomorrow at work I will make a mount to hold them upright and together

That Hammered Finish paint is some tough stuff, I once did the rollcage in the Samurai with it. I really like that line of paint.

ndaway said:
brett4christ said:

when I was looking at paint I thought about useing that maybe some time...Any way I think I like the dual headlight idea but not the way they are now so tomorrow at work I will make a mount to hold them upright and together
A kid that used to work at our LBS used that stone paint on a bike. Don't have a pic though.
I used the textured green outdoor furniture paint on this bike and liked it.

I've used the hammered paint with different degrees of success. Years ago I painted this whole bike and it didn't even have a textured look to it. Other parts and pieces I've painted did.

aka_locojoe said:
I've used the hammered paint with different degrees of success. Years ago I painted this whole bike and it didn't even have a textured look to it. Other parts and pieces I've painted did.

Lots of shaking to mix up whatever chemical in it breaks it up and causes the broken finish. I've noticed that on every recoat it gets less and less textured as it fills in it's own voids.

ndaway said:
ok i think i like the dual headlight thing i built a bracket that holds them better
166.jpg
167.jpg
may be i should change the name to wall-e :lol: :lol:
remote_control_robot_walle_cool_photo.jpg

or, how about E.T.!!! :!: :mrgreen:

Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS** 5-4-update PAINT

I like the paint it hides a lot and this frame was kinda rough..also its kind of gives it a patina look 8) ..I have a table on my deck that I painted with it two years ago and its been through two Kansas winters and 100+ degree summers and several hail storms and still looks great :D

Re: **MONSTER HIGGINS** 5-4-update PAINT

:D
aka_locojoe said:
That worked out great for the headlights. Looks better now.
Thanks :D. I like it better now too. When I get it setting on the tires I will give it some more thought I think they might look better with two smaller lights like the nirve ones http://www.nirve.com/largeimage.asp?id=2274

Latest posts

Back