Mongoose Enix ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw a Mongoose Enix at the thrift store tonight, it is in fairly good shape. Still has the original tires on it and just a few surface scratches here and there. The top tube of the frame is square tubing. They want $25 for it, but, with my senior discount, it will be less, worth it?
S/N SNFSD09J95431

Last edited:
I don't know, I guess it depends on how old it is. I know that gooses used to be good bikes before they went to Walmart. Younger people in their late 20s have fond memories of the earlier ones. I remember the goose BMX bikes being popular in I guess it was the 80s. I think the new or recent vintage Enix can be gotten for $75 - $100.

I don't know, I guess it depends on how old it is. I know that gooses used to be good bikes before they went to Walmart. Younger people in their late 20s have fond memories of the earlier ones. I remember the goose BMX bikes being popular in I guess it was the 80s. I think the new or recent vintage Enix can be gotten for $75 - $100.
The square top tube is what caught my eye, going to go and get it, clean it up and see what comes of it. Thanks for the info!

OK, decided to get the bike. Tires are fair, front brake cable was missing, replaced it, cleaned and repacked the crank bearings, replaced the brake pads, will need a new set of grips though. Now, to do the detailing, there are a few chips and scratches, but, not bad. Shifter works great, a nice little project on a cold, winter day.

Latest posts

Back