Mongoose Dolomite 'Street Edition'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got my Dolomite on 3/13. I'll say that I have really liked the look of these 'fat bikes' for a few years now but I surely was never going to ride one of these in the sand or snow, I just have no interest in that activity on a bike. My vision was to have a nice fat tire bike to ride on the streets during the spring, summer and fall seasons. Only mods to the stock bike were installing 3G Bikes BOA-G 26" x 3.45" tires along with 3G inner tubes, and chopping about 1" off the kickstand. Each 3G tire/tube weighs 3.8 lbs, each stock tire/tube weighs 7.8 lbs, so 8 lbs saved right there. The overall diameter of the BOA-G's are about 2" less than the stock tires, which is why 1" had to come off the kickstand. I have to ride it around some more to see if I will be doing any mods to the shifting, gearing, etc. May cut a couple inches out of the handlebar width though.
1381197_775968039115652_1822191868_n.jpg

1972336_775968645782258_2110228142_n.jpg

1795634_775968649115591_1770182250_n.jpg

164620_775968642448925_7478696_n.jpg

002031514_zpsbe9b659e.jpg

Last edited:
The Boa's sure give it a different look. Lean and mean.

Wow, this makes it a solid in my mind, I must get a set of these boa- g's for my brutus

Wow, this makes it a solid in my mind, I must get a set of these boa- g's for my brutus
Cool. I'll tell you that when you first put these tires on a 26 x 4 rims you'll think that it's not going to work but once you get them pumped up the tire spreads out to fit the rim. I used a hand pump just to make sure I didn't go too far and everything seems fine. I finally rode the bike today and it's a smooth ride. Rode in 7th gear most of the way. Might try to eventually set it up as a 14-speed if I can find the parts to make it work. Put the bike on a scale and it is now 42 lbs., as stated above I knocked 8 lbs off the stock weight just by changing to these BOA tires and tubes.

This was a good reminder that I need to finish a banner that I was creating for the BOA-G tires. I don't think many folks realize we sell them here.

Do you have to change the tubes for the boa tires or could you use the stock tubes, at the price of the tires I don't really want to buy tubes if I don't have to, and I'm kinda stuck at this point since I have a devistator on the rear

Do you have to change the tubes for the boa tires or could you use the stock tubes, at the price of the tires I don't really want to buy tubes if I don't have to, and I'm kinda stuck at this point since I have a devistator on the rear
Give the stock tubes a shot, looks like it may be a tight fit but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I probably would have tried this if I didn't already have the 3G tubes that I bought with the tires.

Latest posts

Back