Mongoose Deception 29er

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replaced everthing but frame Went SS/Rigid.....
012.jpg

Build list....
Surly rigid fork
Alex DP20 rims
Schwabe Racing Ralphs
Race face Cranks 32 tooth
DMR Tensioner with 16tooth cog.
Misfit Cycle FU2 Alt bars
Avid BB7 brakes
Eggbeater pedals
Bates B17 seat...
KMC Chain
24lbs down from 31lbs...

i just picked up this same bike, mine in the stock set up still. never thought of a fixed conversion, but thinkn a lighter wheel set and goin down to a 10spd, along with some other stuff. looks good tho!

Ive been riding one of these. The front wheel was so bent itd barrely roll. Sadly mime is white. I swapped on the trigger shifters i was saving for the probe. Where did you get the rigid fork, i want to do the same thing. Howd you break lose the thread locker?

I really like my deception. got some good miles on it for the stock set up and still goin. I have a rotational noise in the rear that i cant seem to pin point, only under a coast tho, dont really hear it while im pedaling. I also am thinkn of eventually redoing the gears, maybe going to a 10spd, not sure yet. I do laugh at the front "pogo stick" forks, one day it will break on me! lol
I really would love some weight reduction refferences, this pig is heavy!

JaxRhapsody said:
Ive been riding one of these. The front wheel was so bent itd barrely roll. Sadly mime is white. I swapped on the trigger shifters i was saving for the probe. Where did you get the rigid fork, i want to do the same thing. Howd you break lose the thread locker?

I got the fork from Surly.not sure what threadlocker you are talking about...

red_beard13 said:
I really like my deception. got some good miles on it for the stock set up and still goin. I have a rotational noise in the rear that i cant seem to pin point, only under a coast tho, dont really hear it while im pedaling. I also am thinkn of eventually redoing the gears, maybe going to a 10spd, not sure yet. I do laugh at the front "pogo stick" forks, one day it will break on me! lol
I really would love some weight reduction refferences, this pig is heavy!

1x9 seems to be a popular conversion..Set up rigid with them big tires I don't miss the front shock at all...
The stock wheels and most other components on this bike are junk...It is a totally different ride now...

Lot's of info on this bike here....www.bigboxbikes.com

thanks for chiming in hound dog! and thanks for the tip on the site, funny name. ill check it out. what wheel set did you end up upgrading to?

I was planning on lowering the handlebars and there was like a glue substancr on the allen screws.

Latest posts

Back