Monark Rocket help please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have recently gotten a Rocket I am seeking more information on please. I have been able to identify by the badge on the bottom bracket that it is between a 46-54. Who made the frame ? The model number is 3109, the serial number best I can make out is 074037. Thanks for your replies. I am going to be needing a few pieces when I know more about what I have, thanks again.

A 74K number generally dates to 1940, before the ID tags. A 740K number would indicate 1950, more likely. Monark numbers are known to vary from the norm though. -Adam

this is off a '54 I had.

perhaps it can help you on your id.

Sorry for it being so blurry, it is the only photo I have of the plate.
IMG_2585.JPG

Thanks. That's where I got my information from also. I have used some tips posted here to remove the head and lower badge. I have stripped the frame down for either powder coating or paint, not sure which way yet. The bike was (re)painted(?) red and white over what looks like a salmon color.

What I'd like to find out, not that it means everything, is what year it is, and what the model number represents. Old bikes can be like old cars, when they have gone thru a few owners and things have been changed, one has to seek information to see what it had when it rolled out the factory doors
:39:

Latest posts

Back