Monark Finish pictures 6/15

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I started a new bike . Got my frame painted and it is in the process of drying. I got the frame a while back from Too many bikes. He told me what it was but hey I forget things really easy. I'm sure someone will recognise the frame and give me a positive id. I wanted a white bike but I knew as sure as heck Hooch would say I need the little pointy things on it ,so I beat him to the punch. I plan to use the red rims and red fork. I also have a set of bars that are painted black that i plan to paint red. I figure a red stem,nuts and stuff up front and maybe some black grips. If nothing else it ought to be colorful. So I'm in the drying stage and as soon as all the coats dry I'll stick it together. Sorry Steve there went your frame ha ha ha .

np1.jpg

np2.jpg

Re: Monarch ,western flyer or something

It is looking nice!

No problemo on the frame...I'm in purge mode...ha ha! :wink:

Wanna sell that tank off the X-53 in the background???????

tell ya what ill sell everything i have for one for $80 plus shipping, but it will take work to make it into an x-53. one side of the tank is really good ,the other has rust and pinholes . have that thing for the back same story been sandblasted ...pinholes .only one tube for the back. good shape can use it for a template to make the other side ...its the same size tubing as 1/2 conduit. the back fender is straight . the frame is good. I made some replacement front springs ...way too heavy. Its a project for sure. ha ha

chimichanga said:
is that a plexi glass filler? :D
Had an old piece of plexiglas laying around and layed several pieces of 2'' tape on it and cut them out with an exacto knife to make the points in the paint. worked pretty good.

Nope, not a Rocket, the Rocket has a frame style like a Schwinn DX. This frame is probably a Monark Super Cruiser.

Hey thanks yall I was hoping somebody would recognize the frame. At least we are all in agreement that its a Monark. Close enough. Its got some weird droupouts that kinda run up and down, Dosent look like they would do very much chain tightening. Looks like a design flaw to me ha ha.

Monarch with the "ch" was a bike manufacturer around the turn of the century. What you have is a Monark with a "k". They also made bikes badged as Firestone and made a few for Sears and other department stores with their own badges.

Ok I finished my build. I wish that I had painted the back rim white. I know it would be strange to have two differant color wheels but with my paint scheme I think it would have looked cool.

mon4.jpg

mon1.jpg

sensor said:
just put some white tires on her and itll even it out
Ok dude thats funny . With gas at $4 a gallon, and food prices going through the roof....Who can afford white tires? :roll:

What if you even put a red wheel and red tire up front, and a white wheel and white tire in back? Now that would be different!

That is very SIMPLY beautiful.

Not complex, just simple and SUPER sharp.

Nice job!
and I would not worry about the wheels... Red is lookin' gooooooood!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Latest posts

Back