1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Monark El Camino or Murray Meteor Flyer???

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by OutlawAlice, Apr 22, 2012.

1. OutlawAlice

OutlawAlice

I've been unable to correctly ID this cruiser. I can't find a good reference for the serial number. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dogdart

dogdart

It's definitely Murray built , not a Huffy (Monark)

3. OutlawAlice

OutlawAlice

Great! Thank you! :D

So many are similar to this design.

4. Rustinkerer

Rustinkerer

It's a Sears bike, note the '502' code, and the catalog #, which looks like 46201 to me, is a 1965 basic cruiser. A junior brother to the Flightliner. -Adam

5. kngtmat

kngtmat

Cantilever bars go into the down tube like a Murray Missile.

I used the numbers 50246201 at Sears Parts Direct, they have a few replacement parts and yours looks like it's all there except for the fork I don't know but a real Cool find.
    http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi ... t=&shdMod=

6. Wildcat

Wildcat Pro Member

It's got Schwinn forks on it, but definitely a Murray. You might be able to see the name on the rear of the chainguard under the red repaint.

7. OutlawAlice

OutlawAlice

Very cool! I'm stoked! I've got some oven cleaner that'll take the repaint off slowly. We'll see if there's anything underneath. :D