1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Monark color combinations??

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by NewOrleansFlyer, Mar 17, 2012.

1. NewOrleansFlyer

NewOrleansFlyer

Is there a place or does anyone know of the color combinations Monark used in the early 50s?? I've got a Super Deluxe that was house painted "Monark Blue" for lack of a better description. When I pulled the cowling and tank, it was red, deep red, almost maroon. The decals (what's left of them) look white, but I think there might have been a second color, like an accent. On the rear fender (original, the pin striping is white and what looks like silver?? Anybody got any ideas?? Thanks

2. Rustinkerer

Rustinkerer

I can't seem to find my Monark book at the moment. But there was a two tone Maroon and red, solid red, white, black, light blue, dark blue, olive green, medium green, chartreuse/light green, and black & red. The decals were kind of an off white, with gold accents and stripes. -Adam

3. NewOrleansFlyer

NewOrleansFlyer

Thanks Adam...do you know if all color combinations were used every year, or was a rotation?? Thanks
    Steve