Momma's Boy is what it is

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Momma's Boy is a rider! 6-21 seat installed

Today has been kind of a strange day here in the Hood. Tinkered around in the barn for a bit, looked at my other projects and finally decided to ride Momma's Boy. I can't think of any other way to say it, it rides like a cloud. Little effort is required to pedal, the bars are tipped up and wide enough to lay my wrists on the grips. Even the saddle is comfy. My mom would love this bike, I am proud of what I have done.

bpellham said:
Today has been kind of a strange day here in the Hood. Tinkered around in the barn for a bit, looked at my other projects and finally decided to ride Momma's Boy. I can't think of any other way to say it, it rides like a cloud. Little effort is required to pedal, the bars are tipped up and wide enough to lay my wrists on the grips. Even the saddle is comfy. My mom would love this bike, I am proud of what I have done.
Then you've already won. She's with you smiling and proud. Peace

Dude, I'll feel ya and I feel your build!!!!!

I said it back on page 2 and I'll say it again. I think of this bike as the "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" bike.

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band second version in 1989 (I can't find the 1972 collaboration with Mother Maybelle Carter).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRJLkNqNXI

RIDE ON BROTHA, RIDE ON!!!!!

Re: Momma's Boy is a rider! 7-8 pedal swap and rack

I shot some paint on the pedals yesterday, along with the rear rack and support rods. The paint on the rack looks terrible, I wont post that pic. But here are the pedals and the rods on the bike today.

mb004.jpg

Opinions?

Gorgeous :!: :!:

That is one sweet ride! Color combo, parts and the whole vibe is awesome! :D

Re: Momma's Boy is almost done

I think I ordered the last piece to my build. I found it on walmarts website on Sunday. I'm ready to take some pictures and call it done.

raggedjim said:
I'm digging it!

That green really pops! We picked a good color I think...

Rg

I agree, the color is great. I just might build the men's spaceliner in the same colors.

That would be cool 8) 8) Great job :!:

I took her out for another short ride tonight (roughly 4 miles) and I Decided to put the black grips back on. I hope to get final pictures in the next 2 days if the weather holds out for me.

Are those grips the Bell Torpedo style? I noticed that they only carry those at the "nicer" Walmarts around my neck of the woods. Had to get a pair for one of my cruisers. Very comfortable grips for $8!

Latest posts

Back