Momma's Boy is what it is

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Momma's Boy is CRANKED UP 6-16

Man, that is one beautiful bike so far!

Re: Momma's Boy is CRANKED UP 6-16

Moved Momma's Boy back to the barn for some work. Hung the chain, installed the original pedals (not staying) old rusty 21.1 stem, new bars and 2 different sets of grips along with an old B-17 Brooks saddle. What do you folks think, black or white grips?

MB001.jpg

MB002-2.jpg

Re: Momma's Boy is a rider! 6-18 lunchtime

I like the style of the black ones, but the white works better aesthetically, for me anyways.

Honestly, both look great, so a 'WIN' either way.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Tough call on the grips, I could go either way... you planning a rear black wire rack to balance those front struts?

was pondering the use of the original rack in green and the support rods in black. By no means am I done, I have a ways to go before I call this DUN.

Looks great, everything goes!! 8) 8)

Tough, but I say black.

During the ongoing search for cool parts on Saturday I stopprd by a local thrift store. I was looking for a cream colored purse to cut apart and cover my seat with. After a bit of digging around in the Texas humidity my wife pulled the plug on me. On the way out the door the owner asked what was I looking for. When I (6'1" and 330 pounds) said I was looking for a purse, I had her full attention :shock: I then let her know why I was looking for said "man bag". She told me she was going to Austin for the rest of the weekend and her sister (who has an upholstery shop) lives there too.

Anywhos, thrift lady called me this morning, she got me a full yard of cream colored "pleather" for $15.00. 8) That is what I call service. I have enough cream to do 3-4 seats and a few sets of grips.

Man,that's a great looking bike :!: It's easy to see the love you are putting into this build. I've never met your Mom or your Wife but I am sure they are very pleased :wink: Bravo 8) 8)

I have seat issues. I think I'll leave the recover job up to my 12 year old. I'm sure he can't do any worse that what I did tonight. I bet I removed 200 staples getting this far. I guess I needed that basket weaving 101 class that my high school advisor recommended.

mb001-1.jpg

mb002-3.jpg

Re: Momma's Boy is a rider! 6-21 seat installed

Nice, really like the colors on this bike :wink:

What a great bike and story.
What's left on this build?

Really like your build! The name caught my attention. My mom was 56 when she passed 3 years ago. Was thinking about putting "Momma's Boy" or "Mama's Boy" on the trunk of my '64 Impala. I took her for granted when she was here. Now I drive by the cemetery on my way home from work and say "love you, Mom" because I know she can hear me and is watching over me. Your mom would be proud of that bike!

Peatbog said:
Great tribute bike to your mom! Who ended up finishing the seat--you or your son?

I ended up doing the seat again, looks identicle as the first time, I guess it should look that way.

Latest posts

Back