Momma's Boy is what it is

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Momma's Boy frame paint 6-1

raggedjim said:
ARRGH!!! Now everyone will think I copied you! Great paint job, Rg

I don't think it will matter .... how many will use red wheels and white walls? I only used the Ivy Leaf because I did not find the maroon I wanted in Wally World. This bike really isn't a "build" anyway. No welder, no cutting, no body filler. It is simply a color to flavor, and bolt on things that did not come stock in 65'

P.S. no chaingaurd for a whale!

raggedjim said:

It was good paint, my boys got in a waterfight yesterday afternoon while another coat was drying. I'm ready to throw in the towel :x

bpellham said:
raggedjim said:

I don't think it will matter .... how many will use red wheels and white walls? I only used the Ivy Leaf because I did not find the maroon I wanted in Wally World. This bike really isn't a "build" anyway. No welder, no cutting, no body filler. It is simply a color to flavor, and bolt on things that did not come stock in 65'

P.S. no chaingaurd for a whale!
Sounds like a build to me!!
no welding,cutting,filler required up in here man!! Just doing what makes you smile is all that counts!!!!!!!!

Holy sweet pea green does that color look great!! Very unique, I like.

mb011.jpg

Re: Momma's Boy big brown truck left a box update!

Brown just dropped off a gift a week early ... when does that happen? Tracking said thursday the 14th. Hey, I'm not complaining!

Sorry about the laundry and the sleeping Sammy cat, but here are my 3 colors, layed out in a "mockup"

mb002-1.jpg

I'm more impressed than I had planned. This is coming together better than I had expected. Mom would have loved it, wifey will cherish it (I hope)

Bill

Re: Momma's Boy It is a ROLLER! 5-8

here she is in roller form.

mb005-1.jpg

I guess getting emotional over this is a healing moment for me. Thank you to all my fellow builders for the support and kind words.

Bill

Re: Momma's Boy is a ROLLER! 5-8

Man, your bike looks great! what bars are you going to use? It might look pretty cool with huge black moons.

Ape Stanger said:
Man, your bike looks great! what bars are you going to use? It might look pretty cool with huge black moons.

I got a set of super cheap, black torker bars, along with a black stem. All from Amazon.
mb006-1.jpg

mb007.jpg

Creme tires with that green are perfect!!!

Very nice work....that is going to be a beautiful bike! :!: !

Is Chuck (your wheel seller) a member here?

sleepy said:
Very nice work....that is going to be a beautiful bike! :!: !

Is Chuck (your wheel seller) a member here?

Yes he is. His forum name is ind-chuckz. I'm not 100% but I think he waits for a few orders to build then he knocks them out. It takes a few days, but the product and price a well worth the wait. I will buy more from him in the future.

here is the thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26324

Re: Momma's Boy is a ROLLER! 6-8

man that is such a sweeeeeeet color! I may have to steal it for a future build... oh yes! :wink:

Re: Momma's Boy is CRANKED UP! 6-16

Been a week of dealing with issues that are not RRBBO related, so here is a quick photo update of what I did get done. From Porkchop BMX I got my hinged seatclamp and glow in the dark dice. (dice look the same color as frame in daylight).
mb005-2.jpg

I finally threw some Wally-Mart BMX cranks in it to.
mb006-2.jpg

I went to install my new quill stem and it it too big to fit inside the steerer tube .....AAAAAAHHHHHHHH! :x

Re: Momma's Boy is CRANKED UP 6-16

I like the green color, I also had the same stem quill issue...you probably need a 13/16".

Re: Momma's Boy is CRANKED UP 6-16

Look for a 21.1mm stem, I had the same issue with my Fatbelly Bobber build.
Not sure what look your thinking about, but...
Here's a 'Wald' style one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Juvenile-Bi...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b9127039

BMX style
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEM-BMX-Bl...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d329c6f87

In black to match the bars
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEM-BMX-Bl...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d33ceb102

'Schwinn-look' kinda
http://www.ebay.com/itm/21-1mm-Chro...304?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b7d03520

Loving the color and look of this bike so far!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back