Momma's Boy is what it is

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Momma's Boy

I like the 26's and the full rear fender on the front personally. It's looking good! Rock It!

the blue and grey Santy Klaws stopped by yesterday.
mb002.jpg

Thanks Dr T for the link to these tires. They look good and easy on the pocket (my wife almost didn't care) to boot.

I need to slide as much as I can thru paypal, she wont notice as much that way. I look thru these builds and I admire the people that can afford to put some serious money into the projects. Some day (hopefully soon) I hope to return to the days of buying what I want. Being unemployed is for the birds.

bpellham said:
I need to slide as much as I can thru paypal, she wont notice as much that way. I look thru these builds and I admire the people that can afford to put some serious money into the projects. Some day (hopefully soon) I hope to return to the days of buying what I want. Being unemployed is for the birds.

Don't get too down on that point, not being able to buy the parts encourages more creativity.

I finally got around to laying down some self etching primer on the truss rods and fork today. My family then held a mini intervention and said we HAD to go race down the waterslides at the pool. I had to give in. Now I'm "assisting" my wife get her fix of margaritas on this very warm Saturday afternoon.

Enjoy your weekend fellow ratters!

Bill

Re: Momma's Boy Paint colors 5-27 pg 3

so, I started laying primer yesterday on the front end, I followed a little work with a bit of color today. Gloss black and Ivy Leaf by Krylon.

Primer down

mbpaint010.jpg

mbpaint011.jpg

mbpaint012.jpg

first coat of black
mbpaint013.jpg

mbpaint014.jpg

after 2 coats of Ivy. I'm going to leave the flaws alone

mbpaint015.jpg

Old bikes have flaws? :lol: Mine had many! The ivy paint is awesome. Very cool color choice.

I like that green.

I've got your missing parts (tank, rack, and chain guard) if you're interested. :wink:

PC250159.jpg

PC250160.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
I've got your missing parts (tank, rack, and chain guard) if you're interested. :wink:
I'm not using a tank on this adventure, and I've got a chaingaurd and rack, but thanks for the offer 8)

not much to update, as I have been prepping to paint the frame.

I did order a set of wheels from Chuck for the build.

alright people, it is Friday .... noonish here in south Tejas and it is wicked warm :x My boys got out of school yesterday and the 10 year old wanted to chip in on "Grandma's bike". I let him take the sander to etch the frame.
mb005.jpg

he loved using the sander so much I tossed him a chain guard
mb006.jpg

there is chrome under that rust!
mb008.jpg

frame ready for a final wipe down and primer
mb009.jpg

time to feed the machine and then shoot some primer.

Looking forward to paint.
I love those Spaceliner guards. They look cool with lights behind them by the way.
It's really great to see your boy chipping in!!!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
It's really great to see your boy chipping in!!!!!!!

He was only 18 months old when she passed. He looks at pictures of her holding him and he knows how much she loved him. I'm so proud that he is that way.

So while paint is drying on the frame, I started to scuff up the cranks. Little man says "hey dad, what about these cranks?" He points to a Wally World BMX bike with a stripped freewheel. (bike is only 4 months old) Black cranks indeed! Plus the advantage of a "newer" bottom bracket and bearings. Still thinking about what chainwheel to use on this project. I'm giving myself too many choices everytime I find a new ring I like. I guess that is the fun part of the hobby.

mb012.jpg

Re: Momma's Boy frame paint 6-1

That green really does pop!!

Latest posts

Back