modern board track racer, special design by me

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jj256 said:
I wish I could start over but that's out

Why isn't this an option? As far as I can tell anything that is of monetary value can be unbolted and put on another frame. I honestly believe you need to consider starting over, with the motor you have, you should be using heavier tubing than old bike frames. I know it seems like a big waste of time to start over but there are some serious design flaws in your frame that will very likely catastrophically fail and cause you injury or worse.

what everyone is saying man, is we dont want our buds and riders on RRB gettin hurt..
and its better to sometimes just put projects on hold till you can build them properly, like i have a GT i been wanting to build but i dont have $180 to put the Redline flight 3pc cranks i want on it so i put it on hold till i can get more money..
545423_389981454406346_411147662_n.jpg

That and that it would be more practical for me to build my motobike for transportation, the GT build is more of a toy and not as much for getting around..

what ill do is im going to keep the current engine and take it off the bike and get a smaller engine but with the same or more horsepower

jj256 said:
what ill do is im going to keep the current engine and take it off the bike and get a smaller engine but with the same or more horsepower

Maybe I'm not understanding something right but you were just saying you don't have money to rebuild this properly and now you are talking about getting a second motor that will likely cost 5 times as much as the predator? Not to mention this doesn't solve any of the problems with the frame. If the h.p. is the same, a smaller motor will be just as fast and you still need to redo the frame properly.

What I'm saying is I can go get a junk motor somebody doesn't want and fix it up, when I get the funds ill get another bike

Dude, build a Mini bike with that engine! You will have tons of fun, and learn how to building something without a ton of fab work. Just give yourself a little bit of time.

We all look back on things and wonder, "what was I doing!?!?!". If you came up with this now, you'll be building better stuff in no time.

Start welding scraps of metal together and breaking them apart. Once you can't break your stuff apart anymore, then build a motorcycle.

P.S. Don't buy a China engine kit. They are garbage.

jj256 said:
Hey what if I.built my frame with gas tubing

As in black steel pipe? While not ideal, it would be better than what you are currently using because it is thick enough to make up for less than perfect joint design and welding. Some erw tubing would be your best bet and shouldnt cost much different than the pipe. The issue with pipe is that it will have a lot more variation in wall thickness, whereas actual tubing will be more precise along its entire length, the tubing is usually a bit harder also. Look for tubing that is .120" wall as that is a great thickness to still achieve full penetration with most welders and still be plenty strong.

Gas pipe isn't any cheaper than going to a steel yard and buying real tubing.

You can get a 20' stick of 1 1/8" electric weld tubing for about $30. You'll probably have to pay $15 to have it cut so you can haul it. I would avoid the Home Depot black pipe. It's thick and weak. Check your local area for a steel yard. There has to be one.

Beau said:
Dude, build a Mini bike with that engine! You will have tons of fun, and learn how to building something without a ton of fab work. Just give yourself a little bit of time.

We all look back on things and wonder, "what was I doing!?!?!". If you came up with this now, you'll be building better stuff in no time.

Start welding scraps of metal together and breaking them apart. Once you can't break your stuff apart anymore, then build a motorcycle.

whats your experience with them?
i was considering getting the 66-80cc motor and getting upgraded Carb and Pipes w' an expander pipe..
and using it as just a motor to make my Stingray a Motorcycle mini bike w' no peddles : :p

iven said:
Beau said:

whats your experience with them?
i was considering getting the 66-80cc motor and getting upgraded Carb and Pipes w' an expander pipe..
and using it as just a motor to make my Stingray a Motorcycle mini bike w' no peddles : :p

Chinagirls dont really have the HP or torque to successfully use on a bike without pedals, especially something as heavy as a Stingray. You will be thoroughly dissapointed with the outcome IMO.

a 3.5hp briggs would do the trick for the stingray. they have plenty of torque and are pretty cheap and plentiful to find.

Latest posts

Back