Mini Science Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've started something like 4 builds recently in the builds section, but I get busy in the shop when construction gets slow, so here's another one. I bought this kids 12 1/2" bike at a flea market for 8 bucks, and I had the idea to make a rather extreme one of my Science frames for it, to use as a display at bike shows and stuff. I'm thinking it won't really be rideable when it's done, but hopefully, it'll look cool! I started to take it apart, then realized that I'd better take a before pic of the donor bike.
IMG_2147_zps6e6607fb.jpg

I got it all cut into pieces, so I can use the BB, head tube, and drops. The rest is in the junk pile.

Stay tuned, my friends!

that's an awesome build!!
i love you're frame ideas their awesome. always above the rest just the way it should be.
keep up the good work man it looks great
Sean

Finished the frame today, and got it all mocked up! I may do more with the handlebars. The plan was to make a ridiculous set of tall apes, but I'm not sure I'll do that now. I cut out the middle bar of the BMX style bars, and it gave them a mini-ape look. Next will be to paint it. I need a tube for the front tire, and some kid sized grips.
IMG_2158_zps8d05ecb6.jpg

And next to my sons recent build, to compare:
IMG_2160_zps4ebabbe8.jpg

That kid who ends up with that chop will be cool forever!
Awesome. Micro cool.

if you welded ape bars at the fork junction (below the head tube), and capped off the steerer tube with a solid nut (weld a disc to the top nut), it would be rideable by an adult perhaps?

Rough gloss black paint job, and it's put back together. It needs a front tube (coming from Amazon) and some small grips. I haven't found any cool kid grips in red, but I have an old pair or 7/8" motorcycle grips that I might cut down a bit to fit. Here's the little guy now:
IMG_2167_zps2b0e94fe.jpg

Latest posts

Back