Mini machine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the frame came in the mail today so I'm starting to mock-up what it will look like. I'm thinking either gloss or satin black with brown seat and grips and gold pinstipe. The bars will be cut down a bit and the frame will go from a cantilever to having two parallel top tubes. The rims an fork legs get painted black like the frame. Still not sure about the stem or the way to mount the seat.
bikes012.jpg

bikes013.jpg

Looks great the way it is!.......Seems way to nice to cut up!.........But, I can't wait to see it!

wow, i've been wanting to do something like this for awhile just on a larger scale, cant wait to see what you do! i've been addicted to your build since i saw the pea shooter :D

I've got it stripped and the wheels taken apart. I also decided to remove the kickstand and seat clamp. I still have to weld on the lower tube and some tabs for the seat mount ala board track racer. Next will be some primer on the frame, rims and fork legs. I think I'm going to Paint the head tube candyapple red with scallops on the black frame and some sort of pin-stripe separating the two colors.
bikes025.jpg

Well I got a new welder and I used my tubing notcher for the first time today. The welder worked pretty good on my practice piece but for some reason I didn't have enough juice when I went to weld the bike. The notcher was almost useless. I had to shim it to center the hole saw on the tube and the clamp for the material was manufactured crooked. For the extreme angle cut I had to take the notcher apart and clamp the material with a c-clamp. Ive also disassembled my wheels and painted the center of the rim Black (one can be seen hanging behind the bike seat). Man thats a lot spokes!
bikes023-1.jpg

Another fan here, I'm lovin where your going with this baby :!:

Latest posts

Back