Show me your Military theme bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barn5.jpg

barn4.jpg

barn6.jpg

This started out as an Electra Punk 3i cruiser. I bought it on clearance intending to make a military bike homage out of it. I took the original 24x3 whitewalls traded them for blackwalls, added full fenders, custom fabricated a springer front end and handlebars, added leather hand grips, yugoslavian leather ammo pouches, a NATO 5.56 ammo can (which holds all my tire repair tools, pump, lock with chain, and a couple of bottles of water), Got a really nice brown leather Brooks seat (yes, they are the best and when you sit on one you will know), crafted some leather mud flaps, painted the whole bike in green camo, and stenciled United States Army Air Force insignias. It's a fun bike to ride. I always get positive comments from bikers and non bikers alike when I ride the Army Air Force bike.

Here is mine .I've had this since High school
IMG_0004c.jpg

IMG_0007cB.jpg

IMG_00053x2.jpg

I actualy forget what is on it. i've had the bike in storage for abit now because it's winter

SWEET!

Here is my WWII medic bicycle inspired customized MMVZ "AIST" (pronounced UH-yeast, means "Stork"), cheap modern belorussian road bicycle.

I found it in abandoned garden near my home, and at first it looks like a pile of rusty parts and tubes. When I disassembled it (litres of wd-40 was spent :) ) - I decided to repair it and use for utility needs. But it still needed some paintjob. Then i washed the rest of stock paint off the frame, rims and other parts (that was some kind of low-quality grey and dark-grey metallic enamel, even without grounding :? ), grounded well and painted the frame and fenders in dark green (with white tail on a rear fender) and rims, hubs, and transmission - in black.

Actually, this is stock AIST, i only replaced stock handlebar with 50-s vintage "moustache" handlebar, replaced stock comfort saddle with vintage cherry-colored leather one, shortened front fender, and added a pair of soviet army medic bags on both sides, horn, and box for spares and tools. Well, final touch - is the "red cross" signs to make the medic bike look)))

z_b0315fd6.jpg

z_505991df.jpg

Welcome backseat_driver!
Very nice bike you´ve got there, nicely detailed.
I know my sister would love this one, cause she´s about to finish her studies and becoming a doctor.

The only thing I would change, is the front reflector, it looks too modern.
Maybe replace it with a blackout headlight or a period hand lantern... just an opinion though.
Keep up the good work! :wink:

Thanks)))

Yes, front reflector is stock and need to be replaced, and I try to find some cool-looking retro headlight. But until I find it I must have white front reflector according road rules and regulations to ride the roads and streets.

Latest posts

Back