Show me your Military theme bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PINOYRATRODDER said:
Did these bike 2 years ago ,used aaron's Nirve prototype as inspiration.Sold it and now im asking the owner if i can buy it back.I miss this bike he he he,What do think guys!
MYBOMBERNIRVE2copy.jpg

MYBOMBERNIRVE1copy.jpg

MYBOMBERNIRVE3copy.jpg

Amazing, bike.
The level of detail on the painting job is great. I personally love those steaming barrels. Outstanding work.
If I were the actual owner, I wouldn´t sell 8)

Just stumbled across this thread. I posted this bike earlier this year. I know it's NOT olive drab, but hey, it is a military themed bike! :D
TrainingWheels002.jpg
TrainingWheels003.jpg
TrainingWheels001.jpg

my bike which i just got today thanks to ups! brand spankin new and waiting to be militarized 8)

CIMG0411.jpg

CIMG0412.jpg

CIMG0413.jpg

CIMG0415.jpg

my favorite pose :D
CIMG0416.jpg

Hey everyone, new forum member here. I'm about to start my first rat rod project but saw this thread and wanted to post here first.

1943 Huffman military issued bicycle. I possibly would have considered this one a basket case until I did some research on the serial number and found that it was indeed a military issued bike plus a fairly rare one at that. Lots of parts missing, bent frame, rust pitting, one wheel rotted out just to name a few things. You can see that it was painted Air Force blue at one time, probably when the Army Air Corp became the Air Force late in the forties. There's a hint of OD peaking out on the top tubes.

bikefull.jpg

Original stenciling on the OD paint reads: top tube INSPECTION bottom tube PWR. GRD. EQIP.

bikeframe.jpg

1 year later with my jeep in the background.

bikefin.jpg

STENCIL3-4.jpg

A few items of interest. I also have a Huffman civilian frame from about the same period. The welds on the civilian frame are smooth and as you can see in the photos of the military frame those welds are as is, no finishing work whatsoever. Also, the spokes for the military bike are extra heave gauge when compared to the civilian bike, which required a different hub and wheels.

BTW, the civilian frame I mentioned above is the basis to my rat rod project. I'll post some photos of what I have so far in another thread.

HEWEY dude I dont even know where to begin!!!That thing is awesome!!!!!Ive seen alot of military bikes and weird stuff used for parts,,,,BUT GRENADES FOR PEDALS!!!!!!Dude that takes the cake!haha

A Pope, ca. 1900 - high centre of gravity :) . . .

regards, Paul

pope444.jpg

bikejunkie said:
HEWEY dude I dont even know where to begin!!!That thing is awesome!!!!!Ive seen alot of military bikes and weird stuff used for parts,,,,BUT GRENADES FOR PEDALS!!!!!!Dude that takes the cake!haha

Should have clarified, its NOT MY BIKE :oops: But yeh, soon as I saw it I hd to post it on here :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back