Show me your Military theme bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is "Mission Accomplished" built for RRBO3.

CIMG0977.jpg

CIMG0963.jpg

A freind of mine is involved in military reinactments in the Southeast Texas area. This is his ride
kevsbike.jpg

This is what the bikes are used for in the evening...
kevsbike2.jpg

and this is one of his friends bikes...
swedishbike.jpg

Very cool, all.

Hi guys, first of all, Bigdaddy101, I love your friend´s jeep! Do you know if he is a member of the G503.com? Great bike too!

Here are some pics of my military bike,

And my sweet baby, who loves to carry the bike around:

Keep posting pics! I love this thread,
Cheers!

Here is my Military Bike, I built it because of my brother who is in the Marines
ZanesFinishedBuildoff005.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff013.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff039.jpg

Great time for this thread to come up. Im actually in the process of planning a military theme make over on my Giant hardtail mt bike, and I'll also give it a single speed conversion. I've just got to decide whether I go matt olive green, or take the frame back to raw aluminium and sand it/clear coat it for that bomber inspired brushed aluminium look. It will have RAAF (Australian Air Force) markings, bombs to designate kills on the forks (years of ownership in this case), stencilled 'Giant' and 'ATX-830' (the model) on the frame, and of course nose art and a name! While Im at it I plan on shaving off all the unneccesary frame tabs, and running the rear brake cable internally in the top tube. Im just sussing out tire options, Im leaning towards some fat crème slicks with the green paint for that vintage vibe, but don’t hoping to find something cheaper than fat franks, because they cost a bomb by the time they land in Australia. Other option is plain black tyres with the raw frame, or red tyres with the raw frame, but again its all dependant on cost! :lol:

Ive even found this lady on ebay who sells military and nose art decals, she even does RAAF markings and will do custom decal sheets for a very small fee - perfect when the tubes of the bike dictate a pretty specific size for the decals.
http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-Pinup-Girl...in_0?hash=item3a51452f01&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

When I was doing some research, I found this factory Cannondale.
5fs6raw.jpg

great bikes!!! has me wanting to make one of my own, but i wonder if they make olive green in a rattle can? that'll be an easy paint job, just take off the tires and chain and paint the entire bike... as is. all your military bikes really inspire me and pays as a cool tribute for all those who served and are serving our country.

Latest posts

Back