Mid-Western Flyer X-16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Second year participant, First time finisher!

The build thread:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index....n-flyer-x-16-assembled-and-riding-pg-5.98161/

image.jpg

A simple bike with modern components and some classic stylings.
image.jpg

An easy riding eight speed with more stopping power than Superman vs. a locomotive.
image.jpg

Minimalist adornment that begs a second look.
image.jpg

And a fountain pic, because I think it has become an unspoken rule that you have one. :happy:

Looks good.

Great job John! Your photos turned out great and are a nice complement to your sleek and stylish build. Modern, yet with a classic twist.
:thumbsup:

Thanks to all. It was a wonderful experience... My first frame with true bicycle tubing. The build-off was great motivation to keep it on-track and plug away at it little by little even when I only had an hour to spare. Of course, watching all the other builds shape up is half the fun.
It's also interesting to see how my own vision drifted through the months as certain realities of construction, ability, and deadline exerted their influence. I didn't get all the things done to it that I would have liked, but who does? (ok, I can think of a few folks...) I'm happy with the end result, and my wife has a crush on it! :inlove: Looking forward to many miles of smiles in the saddle. :)

You gotta watch the wife liking the bikes, sometimes she won't let you sell anything. But it's all good either way.

Latest posts

Back