Michigan Camel Back, RRBBO#14 Class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dracothered.
See if you can pull the cover on the freewheel to add more grease. Or plan on dribbling some lube in on a regular basis The one I bought had a visible gap fron the case to XIN cover plate.

This is a cool build. Pretty creative on the wheels. If it doesnt go as planned, I have at least one 12" scooter spoked wheel, may have both. Might be a way to get a regular hub in there. I think the sidewalls are tapered, not ideal for rim brakes but the pads can be angle shimmed. They still dont work great as the pad tries to slide down the rim face.

Those are ebay/china freewheels. Good for single speed conversion, they move the bearings outboard to get a small tooth count but the overall freewheel is wider. Need to be on multi gear wheel as a replacement. Dont work so well on a wheel thats already single speed. I put one on a give away BMX, took some messing around to work.

What I plan on doing is take a bearing cup from a three piece crank set and welding it to a pipe that slips over the hub of the wheels I have to attach the freewheel to the rear wheel. This should work if the way I envision it all going together works out. Both the freewheel hub and 3 piece BB have 1.37 x 24tpi if I remember correctly. The only thing I don't remember 100% is which side of the BB is the same direction threading as the freewheel.

What I plan on doing is take a bearing cup from a three piece crank set and welding it to a pipe that slips over the hub of the wheels I have to attach the freewheel to the rear wheel. This should work if the way I envision it all going together works out. Both the freewheel hub and 3 piece BB have 1.37 x 24tpi if I remember correctly. The only thing I don't remember 100% is which side of the BB is the same direction threading as the freewheel.

I had the idea to do something like this on a future build so it'll be good to see how you go.

I think you'll find the left side 'adjustable' cup is the one you want. The right side is the 'fixed' cup and usually left-hand thread.

Glen.

I had the idea to do something like this on a future build so it'll be good to see how you go.

I think you'll find the left side 'adjustable' cup is the one you want. The right side is the 'fixed' cup and usually left-hand thread.

Glen.
:rockout:

Tonight was really nice outside after work, but I didn’t get a lick of my build done. Been dealing with some type of head cold or something like that. At first I thought I might have inhaled to much welding fumes but I not sure about that. Hopefully I should get back at it later on this week if it doesn’t rain.

Tonight was really nice outside after work, but I didn’t get a lick of my build done. Been dealing with some type of head cold or something like that. At first I thought I might have inhaled to much welding fumes but I not sure about that. Hopefully I should get back at it later on this week if it doesn’t rain.
Take it easy Man, it's a marathon, not a sprint, a few days off here and there will produce a better build. (Unless your name is OddJob...)

giphy.gif

This is gonna be a fun little build!

Latest posts

Back