Micargi Bronco Chopped Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought I would make a thread for this build (they are never done you know hehehe) because I had a wild hair give me a great idea on how to better attach my cargo pods (coolers).

Right now, I have a pretty crazy mix of scrap I just had laying around and had to come up with something quick and dirty that works for deliveries, but not a lot of time making it pretty, used some old aluminum angle iron, and some odd scraps of old projects to make this, well now I realized that my dad's old Giant (frame totaled in a crash) would be PERFECT for making a better solution, the angle just happens to be right to match the slack seat tube angle, to make a second set of "seat stays" that will give me a lighter and stronger version of what I have now, so I started chopping up that frame today and seeing what might work, and surprisingly, the seat tube diameters are identical! (they are both a very non-standard size that mates with a 28.6mm seat post, so I can use that as an anchor point, as I need something really strong to mount my springer motorcycle seat) So not only will I get rid of that ugly angle iron, I will gain a sweet simple way to mount the springer! I love my Brooks saddles, but they just aren't as wide and comfy. ;)

***(will add photos tomorrow, google is on the blink, so they didn't automatically add, and it's near midnight gotta call it)***

Ad8OkpFT5i-S3KK0_z4QcTlvvEJXHYZ_5B-kGgcpjCprKhhTUnBrzeeJZrtgnpcaf9gj2_Rq87nPL7JwYpqVawnNffrVkd9_4X38dSa51Aa7zJD6DS4VRjXFSZUNj6yyNDdjhE6IFQ=w2400

Wow, that's actually already awesome as it is.
Thanks Toro! I like it, just need to get a better solution to the rear wheel situation, the power is just too hard on IGH's over time, they just can't take the heavy cargo loads & BBSHD power very well, my second Shimano Nexus Inter-3 IGH is already starting to slip in 3rd :rolleyes: Going to try a single speed hub (best Shimano has to offer) with disc, but I fear I will be getting a zero engagement hub soon by DT Swiss, but if this one can last me 6 mons that is good enough, will pay for it's self. 250 miles a week takes it's toll especially with all the hills! :13:

Latest posts

Back