Memory Lane Finds - 2 Firestones

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Found some decent stuff up at Memory Lane today. Jason (jpromo) found a pretty awesome Columbia.

First up is a 40/41 Murray built Firestone Pilot. Wheels have a good bit of paint loss, but all in all it is pretty cool and complete. I am up to FIVE Firestones now. Guess that makes me a collector (or a hoarder)

ml141.jpg

ml142.jpg

Here is a new one on me. This is a Monark Firestone Cruiser. Not sure I have seen one before. Unlike the Super Cruiser, this model appeared to have a regular fork and truss rod. Not sure I am keeping this. It might end up in the For Sale forum just in time for BoNine

ml143.jpg

ml144.jpg

Totally cool rat seat. Awesome design and just the right amount of patina.

ml145.jpg

ml146.jpg

Finally a nice set of CWC peaked fenders with curved braces.

ml147.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think your front fender (braces) came off of a springer fork...

ml143.jpg

Could be with the flat parts on the strut. I know the "Cruiser" did come without a springer. I'll slap a wheel on and see. I am guessing with the curve of the fork blades compared to the straight legs on the springer, it shouldn't line up with a wheel in it.

Nice wandering with you today! You can't go wrong with that Elgin; I'm surprised it remained all morning. I had never seen a Firestone badging on them until just a few weeks ago on the Cabe. The tank detail is different from all the common badgings too. Yours looks spot on with this one in the Evolution of the Bicycle vol.2:

a2upaje6-1.jpg

If'n you need any more Firestones, here's that '39 Colson snap tank I just finished:

7sMolNC.jpg

Hey Jason....so where are the pics of that insanely cool Columbia? That dashboard was the coolest thing I've seen in a while.

I think Huffman/Huffy, Colson, Murray/Elgin, Snyder and CWC have all made Firestone badged bikes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back