(MBBO Class2) "Texas Muscle"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I'm in!!!

Picked up this Schwinn Cruiser Supreme from a local old man for $30 to use as a parts donor. Also picked up a trashed OCC Stingray for next to nothing to use for parts as well. The bike will be a mix of swap meet parts and with brand new wheels,tires,chain,grips, and pedals. Everything else will be sourced from my parts bikes and frame will be made by me, also with parts from the parts bikes. I will use 3G 57mm 26's with a BOA out back and a smaller tire up front(undecided). Going to use the chopper forks and head tube, and the cranks and bottom bracket from the Supreme. Will be running 8" apes to fit criteria. The rest will be pieced together as i go. Here's some pics of what i have to work with....

Last edited:
This is gonna be a fun one to watch.

Ok guys here's the latest. Cut up scrap and damaged bars and came up with these sweet "Z" apes. I was going to do 8" but drew them out and 9" looked better on paper so went ahead and did 9" and glad i did! Also did some finish work and sanding on the fork triple tree to get ready for paint. Aside from that i peeled the stickers off of the fork legs and sanded the chrome down with 80grit sandpaper(pics later) and finished them off with a red scotch brite scuff pad and really liked the finish so going to carry that look throughout the bike on anything chrome. Still undecided on tube diameter for the frame but looks like im going to go with 1.25" OD. And not sure if im going to paint the finished frame or leave bare metal. If i do paint it ill take a poll for color... unless i find something amazing, in which case it will be a surprise lol. But anyway here's my 9" Z bars.

Nice work on those bars!

Update but no pics yet sorry lol. Finally made it down to the steel yard to pic up my steel tubing. went a bit beefier diameter wise and got 1.5" OD 16g tube and 5/8" 16g for the rear triangle. and i have some left over 3/32" steel plate that im going to use for rear dropouts and stand offs for seat and bottom bracket gussets. pics to come as soon as i get to chopping!

Stopped by frankenbike today as well but didnt make it out of there with anything cool. only thing that caught my eye was some oldschool bmx parts and bikes but nothing i needed. didnt find anything rusty enough and The Rusty Riders werent out so better luck next time i hope.

Update but no pics yet sorry lol. Finally made it down to the steel yard to pic up my steel tubing. went a bit beefier diameter wise and got 1.5" OD 16g tube and 5/8" 16g for the rear triangle. and i have some left over 3/32" steel plate that im going to use for rear dropouts and stand offs for seat and bottom bracket gussets. pics to come as soon as i get to chopping!

Stopped by frankenbike today as well but didnt make it out of there with anything cool. only thing that caught my eye was some oldschool bmx parts and bikes but nothing i needed. didnt find anything rusty enough and The Rusty Riders werent out so better luck next time i hope.
Looking forward to seeing the build!

Luke.

Ok so got down to the time to ordering parts and comparing prices to fit the budget.... went for a ride on my stretched cruiser and love the look of wheel and tire i have on there and decided i needed that for the rear of my MBBO bike(*blows budget wide open*) So instead of buying wheels ive decided to purchase an entire parts bike for only a couple more dollars. Bought my wife a Fat Bike for parts for her later build of a Scratch Built Cruiser, and after staring at both bikes for so long ive decided to rob the seat stays, chain stays and dropouts for my Build since we aren't using her frame and shes only keeping her yellow wheels. And it will save me time and the purchase of yet another tool. And also started to roll tube for the front half of my frame. More pics to follow but heres a quick one of the third donor.

Seems like were cutting up perfectly good bikes but its ok because the only thing coming of it is AWESOME Custom bikes ;)

Latest posts

Back