(MBBO class1)Low Certification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Copied the seat lines onto the diamond plate
iphone479_zps4006db55.jpg

Copyofiphone480_zps2b925ece.jpg

Wow that is low! Looks great and good job on cleaning the shed...;-)
thanx,and it's good to clear the garage,my family chucks rubbish,broken stuff,junk into it as it is convinient,plus when the kids ride their bikes they don't hang them up again so it all just piles up ,but that's life

The hammerite paint you are using looks alot like the metallic black duplicolor I been using not got any pics yet but will soon

The hammerite paint you are using looks alot like the metallic black duplicolor I been using not got any pics yet but will soon
yer I was surprised at how smooth it was,and has a metallic content where as when I used it over 20 years ago it didn't have nearly as much sparkle and also the old stuff had more hammered effect,but it is tougher than normal rattle can paint I have used

head badge sanded and ready for my artistic input.....not sure what that is yet
Copyofiphone448_zps1af221c3.jpg

decided to paint the chain guard after all
Copyofiphone449_zps90591468.jpg

and decided to remove the original SA orange T handle and use these 2 alloy scooter pegs for a handle instead.....and do some photo editing again
Copyofiphone450_zps23ca7841.jpg

That headbadge looks like a phoenix rising! Loving how this build is coming along, I love the stance, it gives the impression of speed!

That headbadge looks like a phoenix rising! Loving how this build is coming along, I love the stance, it gives the impression of speed!
thanx,I was struggling between spring or no spring + the traditional conical style spring wasnt "race" looking so I took off a 750lb spring from a cheap rear shock from a duelie mtb (same length)fitted it tightened it up a good inch,cut off the end of the bolt so I could get the headset on and the stance is still nice and low,swapped out the stem sweeped back the bars to run parallel with the fork struts so bars are swept back.

thanx,I was struggling between spring or no spring + the traditional conical style spring wasnt "race" looking so I took off a 750lb spring from a cheap rear shock from a duelie mtb (same length)fitted it tightened it up a good inch,cut off the end of the bolt so I could get the headset on and the stance is still nice and low,swapped out the stem sweeped back the bars to run parallel with the fork struts so bars are swept back.
How well does that ride with the heavier spring on it? I was looking to use a one of the shorter 450lb mtb spring with mine, instead of the conical.

Latest posts

Back