(MBBO Class 2) Muscle Basket Case

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laced and trued a wheel for my first time its a shimano 3S came from a 26-1-3/8 wheel I put it in a regular 26" wheel it went together perfect don't know why I had not tried it sooner I also laced the coaster hub back to the 26-1-3/8 rim it went well to. I'm thinking of trying the 26 on basket case to see how it looks there should be plenty of room for it with the extended dropouts. I suggest anyone that is wanting to lace and true a wheel to just give it a try it's not bad you might want another wheel to use as a reference for the spoke pattern. Some might call it cheating but I did use a dial indicator but that was just an excuse to use a new tool and I took a castle head nut and used for a spoke wrench but it started slipping so I did have to cut notches on the other side of the nut with a cutting disc on a grinder then used a small file to make it fit the spoke it worked very well then. It took around three hours on the first one but the second I did it in about an hour and it went much smoother

Has anyone else been having any problems with photo bucket? I been having problems getting my pics right side up I use to just rotate the pic then copy and paste but now it don't want to rotate. This has just happened the last couple times I tried usually it works fine.

Sorry there's not been no updates should be able to continue next week I need to put a clutch in a Honda accord for my wife brakes and a set of seats hopefully that will get it on the road. I have traded for a town and country trike so I guess that might be WBO bike/trike hopefully. Me and my wife stay with my grandmother to help out and so she's not alone anyway her eyes lit up when she saw the trike so guess it will be hers:) long as we find a safe place to ride

Has anyone else been having any problems with photo bucket? I been having problems getting my pics right side up I use to just rotate the pic then copy and paste but now it don't want to rotate. This has just happened the last couple times I tried usually it works fine.
Same here when I use my phone.

I use a iPad for everything it worked fine to start with but last few times I could not get the pic to rotate it always seems to be upside down but I usually can fix it but now it won't I've tried the square and grid settings to someone said it was how you got your device setup but can't find any other settings for it and it don't matter how you turn the device when you take the pic it still the same way oh well maybe it will work next time

empty.png

A0HReu.jpg

empty.png

Finally got brave enough to try the double wheel it went pretty well just clamped and welded the two wheels then laced and trued now it makes the 24. -2.125 look pretty good but hoping I can find something wider and slicker if the dollars come not being able to get the Jerald and just getting what was cheap and available kinda burnt me out on this build hopefully I can get back into it now and finish before the deadline also had trouble with photo bucket now I'm trying image shack maybe I can post pics without trouble that wil make things better to

Finally got some more pics and some work done I decided to get rid of the gears and went with a coaster brake to simplify things besides I couldn't find a shifter I could afford or build one I liked and after I widened the rear will it was not going to be easy to put brakes on without a disc so coaster was simplest , cheapest and quick since the deadline is creeping up . Now I need to get a chainguard sorted out mount another rear fender since I messed the first one up I had a little accident with the seat slipping off the post and me and the seat landed on the fender guess I will remember to tighten bolts before testing Also need to get my painting done I'm not going with the white and black like I wanted to start with it's going to be black and metallic black and a couple small chrome pieces I need to mount my baskets to all I have is rear baskets may not have one up front unless I find one suitable for it I'm hoping I can get all this done before the first!!

Last edited:
I'm using image shack now and pics are coming up small anyone know how to make them post bigger or what I'm doing wrong?

You're using the wrong link. Use the direct link provided. On your "All Images" page there will be a drop down on each pic. I think it's the second one down? It's the "Direct Link". It will post it at whatever size you made it.

Looks good Jamie825
I have question about the rims you joined.
1/ Do you have a inner tube inside? and if so doesn't the rims cut into the tubes or are they taped?

Looks good Jamie825
I have question about the rims you joined.
1/ Do you have a inner tube inside? and if so doesn't the rims cut into the tubes or are they taped?
There is two tubes valve stems 180 from each other I have smoothed the welds hopefully the tubes will be okay I've seen a few other people on here do th same thing without any problems

You're using the wrong link. Use the direct link provided. On your "All Images" page there will be a drop down on each pic. I think it's the second one down? It's the "Direct Link". It will post it at whatever size you made it.
thank you I will give that a try next time.

There is two tubes valve stems 180 from each other I have smoothed the welds hopefully the tubes will be okay I've seen a few other people on here do th same thing without any problems
I guess for cruising without potholes should be ok... I have so many of these thin rims,thought to give it a go,seen a couple of ways to do it,this seems the easiest...

I guess for cruising without potholes should be ok... I have so many of these thin rims,thought to give it a go,seen a couple of ways to do it,this seems the easiest...
I probably don't do near as much riding as some on here but I will post about it if I do have any trouble out of them and yeah cruising is the only riding I will be doing.

thank you I will give that a try next time.
I tried the one that says direct link and only the link came up its in the post I made before this I was using the forum link before when pics come up small. Thanks in advance for any help

Latest posts

Back