(MBBO Class 1) The Ginch: Final Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slacking because its raining and cold out. I did order my Sulky 24" today and am polishing out a front 20" rim that I might run on the Ginch.

I was told that the Sulky wouldn't fit in the Spyder frame or under the fender. I haven't tried myself, obviously, but I have given it some thought. You can widen the frame a bit to squeeze in the 2.125 width (original is 1.75 in case you weren't aware) but the Sulky is also a taller tire, so I don't know how you can stuff it under the fender. That's where I drew a blank.
I'm wondering if you've considered that, or were going to get it and just give it a go?

Fenders and muscle bikes are an oxymoron. I took a few measurements and it will be a close fit. I might get lucky to I might have to do a little massaging to get it to fit. I'll let you know how it works out. I'm really a little more worried about brake clearance with the tire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All this talk of rain... now it's raining here. I'd be glad my bike had fenders if I had to ride today.

Carl.

Fenders are cool if they are cool fenders.
485520_554312851292616_174076431_n.jpg

Had some quality time with the Spyder today which was mostly spent searching back bins and storage looking for cool parts I thought I might have....somewhere. I found my Rat Fink valve stem caps, they are purplish so figured this would be as good of bike as any to use them on. Then I spent some time polishing the brake calipers.
10685514_823880377669194_4490867097911011063_n.jpg

In the back room I found a new tall sissy bar so I threw that on then used an old sissy bar (cut down some) to see what a wheelie bar would look like.
10406695_823884961002069_4377236978617346211_n.jpg

Going through boxes I found a repo 59 caddy tail light that was for some project many moons ago that never got used. I took it apart, cut the guts out, fabbed up a quick bracket and mounted it up under the seat. If I find that I like it I will convert it to LED and hide a battery somewhere. Being a bigger boy I wanted to move the seat back but as with all older bikes they have the crappy seat post that reduces way down to fit the seat clamp. Having none of that I found a different seat post clamp that works with normal post but no seat tube. I had a pair of handle bars that were the right size for the seat clamp but not for the frame. So I whacked off a chunk of old seat post that fit the frame in the chop saw then sliced the handle bars with the same chops saw and tack welded the bottom section to the handle bar section to make a new seat post. Once I get closer to finishing I can do some more cutting / welding to get the seat height and angle I want.
10685474_823934630997102_4756568129435542037_n.jpg

I'm also testing out the looks of a 26" springer front end. It's there but I won't know if I want to use it until my spokes come in and I can lace up the 20" front wheel I plan on using.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back