(MBBO Class 1) MiniMuscle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up this little brute for my grandson. I build a 12" Schwinn Lil Tiger for my older grandson and was pretty happy with how it turned out. This one is an early 70s 12" Western Flyer. Since I am doing the build anyway, I might as well enter it into MBBO 2014. It is going to be a pretty basic build, so nothing too crazy. I also have two '66 Huffy 20" muscle bikes in pieces scattered around the garage, so if this goes well, I might enter another.

Cool thing about these 12" muscle bikes is that they can sit right on the workbench.

purple1.jpg

purple2.jpg

Stripped it all down. Not sure on the paint. Leaning towards a metalflake purple, but we'll see.

wf3.jpg

My favorite part of the bike is this awesome curved sissy bar. Need to find a good and inexpensive plater to get it rechromed.

wf4.jpg

Welcome to the fun I am glad to see someone doing a small bike like this good luck can't wait go see this when it's done

Thanks guys...My local chrome guy isn't too bad on prices, so we'll see. A friend who owns Links-n-Kinks bike shop does some amazing powder coating, so that might be an option. If I go that direction, I'll do something like flat charcoal bike with all the chrome in a gloss black?

nice bike will love to see it come together!

Troy

Too cute...This is going to be a lil firecracker.:113:
I said in the build off this year,we should have a mini comp...Wheel size has to be under 20"...Maybe after the winter build.Just for fun...:43:

Latest posts

Back