(MBBO#5 CLASS 2) HotRod Lincoln

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
KIMG0270.JPG

439c120b9101a7bb006495900494b1b8.jpg
bananana.jpg
KIMG0269.JPG

2a68b017c18008024194bc503485abf6.jpg

53' Lincoln built by the Chicago Cycling Company (Schwinn)
3 speed coaster by Shimano laced into a 20" wheel rolling on a Carlisle Stud 20 x 2.125
custom skiptooth cog to maintain the original skiptooth drivetrain
further modified with a longer Schwinn crank
OCC forks rolling on an ancient Hsih Li 20 x 1.75
fade paint features white into Testors Lime Ice with DupliColor Effex clearcoat
dual Schwinn headlights are straight outta the 70's
as is the polo seat covered in Chia Pimp Grouch skin (shag)
Chrome seat post, kickstand, chainguard and sissy
Ratty apes held by anonymous green grips painted in Lime Ice

Build Thread HERE

Carl.

Last edited:
Cool daddio! The thing is with this bike, it's in motion even when parked. The true sign of a real 'muscle machine' !

Only thing missing is a ride vid with pulled wheelie....:21: Nice work :thumbsup:

That seat really sets off an already groovy and sick chopper!
I love the looks of this build. Classy and fun.

Love the fork, the lights, the rake. Wide Glide chop. Great build!

furyus

7-3-17 I'm rebuilding the Lincoln. I never bonded with the banana. I put the long forks back on HeadBanger. Things I still need to do...
Swap out the longer crank and the longer chrome kickstand. It's also not going to end up with these bars and seatpost but it actually fits me right now.
63e48efc5423b1cacfe81100d92e2772.jpg

You know they're never done.

Carl.

Sometimes, I see a bike that I can't stop staring at....This is one! I really like this look, it's unique.....adult..compact..multi-purpose. It will fit in any trunk, or back seat. You gots the "eye" for style.

Sometimes, I see a bike that I can't stop staring at....This is one! I really like this look, it's unique.....adult..compact..multi-purpose. It will fit in any trunk, or back seat. You gots the "eye" for style.
Thanks. If you went back and dug through the thread. It's kind of a cool bike. A 53' Lincoln built by Schwinn, originally a skip tooth, I found a rear cog to convert the 3 speed coaster to skippy. So that in itself is unique, a 3 speed coaster skip tooth. I'm planning on lowering it back down to it's balloon tire origins. It looked like a little motorcycle to me, so that's where I want to go with it.

Carl.

With a 3spd coaster, it just keeps getting better. There is quite a following for small ADULT bikes, like the Raleigh 20....I think it looks perfect the way it is.

Latest posts

Back