(MBBO#5 Class 1) deterioRat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
mbbo1.jpg

mbbo2.jpg

mbbo7.jpg

mbbo6.jpg

mbbo9.jpg

Enjoyed this build very much, and I'm humbled to find my bike alongside yours - there is some awesome talent in this group.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-5-class-1-deteriorat.100064/

DeterioRat is a '68 Schwinn Sting-Ray. Every bit is genuine Schwinn with the exception of the chain, reflector and inner tubes. The last picture above shows deterioRat next to Baby Doll's '68 Slik Chik. One pretty one scruffy is a recurring theme in our marriage.

Everyone ride safe.

furyus

A superbly ratisfying build. Great work!

Thanks, metalchewey. Usually can't get no ratisfaction from a BO, but I finally finished one.

furyus

Love this build!

:21: :thumbsup:

Luke.

Thanks Luke! Thanks for all the positive encouragement you provide one and all. And in case you were unsure, I'm the scruffy one.

furyus

Nice job furyus. This has to be the most ratterrific build this year. You've taken rusty to a whole new level...:thumbsup:

Took a lot of planning to look like a heap - it was no oxident! Thanks Chad!

furyus

Man, I dig this. A lot. Gives me a whole new love for crusty stingrays. I wanna ride this one too. Maybe I need to take a few months off work to travel around testing all these bikes before I can vote. :D

Thanks ODDER! You helped make it happen with the crusty gooseneck and headset! Awesome artwork you sent me, too; has a prominent place on my workbench. If your travels bring you to the DC Metro, lemme know.

furyus

Awesome rusty muscle!

Man, I dig this. A lot. Gives me a whole new love for crusty stingrays. I wanna ride this one too. Maybe I need to take a few months off work to travel around testing all these bikes before I can vote. :D

That would be awesome..................load up the El Camino and head West. After we get tired of pedaling we can have a Match Race. Sunday! Sunday!! Sunday!!!

Just a few of my favorite pics from the build...

westwind1.jpg

rw1.jpg

deteriorat3.jpg

chains3.jpg

fender1.jpg

ODDER1.jpg

forkA.jpg

deteriorat7.jpg

bendix.jpg

mbbo4.jpg

splitframe.jpg

4.JPG

10.JPG

Thanks for looking.

furyus

Last edited:
Thank you for building this 'survivor'. Truly ratty and slightly dangerous to operate.....[emoji16]

You're welcome, good doctor! I love deterioration! And what true rat isn't slightly dangerous? I'll be sure to wear my helmet (not).

furyus

Latest posts

Back