(MBBO 4 - Class 1) Corvette Stingray, big boys need Muscle Bikes too..........DeLuxe......Back In!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always curious about that springer sissy, I mean manly, bar. Always thought if a grown adult sat on it, if it would just flatten out. What you did not only looks way better but makes me want to get one and do something similar. Very cool. :113:

I was always curious about that springer sissy, I mean manly, bar. Always thought if a grown adult sat on it, if it would just flatten out. What you did not only looks way better but makes me want to get one and do something similar. Very cool. :113:
If you do, give me a yell. I still have a few of the chrome moly valve springs. With the inner coils they were rated at 145 lb. seat pressure each. I am guessing that adding a fatigue factor to the used springs and just the outer coil, these should have a 100 to 115 lb. seat pressure. Double that for 2 springs and you are very close to my "Seat Pressure". :giggle:

Last edited:
Well, I got my Schwinn mag sprocket today........ and the chrome was not nearly as nice as the pictures seemed to imply. Anyone else ever have that problem? It seems that cars, bikes, whatever, are never as nice in person as they look in pictures.
So, I cleaned it up as well as possible and then used some of the blue metalcast paint that I plan to use on my tank and chain guard to add some accents to the openings of the 5 spoke mag.

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

Here are a couple of shots of the bike as it sits right now.

IMG_15071.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

Then, after cleaning all of the paint off of my original chain guard, I went ahead and mocked it up with the larger mag sprocket.

IMG_15091.JPG

IMG_15101.JPG

It is going to take quite a bit of manipulating to get the chain guard right, but I think that I can. I do think that since the chrome is so much better in the area of the chain guard that used to be painted, I might flip the paint scheme on it. That would leave the upper area chrome but have the lower area and half circle above the crank painted the metalcast blue.

I do think that since the chrome is so much better in the area of the chain guard that used to be painted, I might flip the paint scheme on it. That would leave the upper area chrome but have the lower area and half circle above the crank painted the metalcast blue.

I think that would look cool. Sprocket looks good on there.

Looking good. I'm curious to see that front tire/wheel on there.:cool2:

Yeah, I still gotta come up with a lower bracket design for the fork that isn't too far out there, I am still going for a "production bike" look. I do think that a 24" will end up on there. I think that the chain guard is a go, to flip the paint job on it.

Is that the chain guard that came with the bike? I like the shape of it.
Yeah, it's an original Schwinn Corvette chain guard. I got my repop phantom tank is yesterday too! Now, I just need some time to work on it.......

Really looking crisp!

Really looking crisp!
Thanks Brian! I really think that the tank will set it off too. I was trying to remember if any muscle bikes had tanks. There were a few years between tank bikes and muscle bikes, but I think the mix will ROCK!

I can't remember a muscle bike that had a factory tank, but I think it's gonna look great on your bike.

My tank is from a 90's Schwinn cruiser deluxe (that is what the seller said) it fits very well and the chrome is very nice. I masked it off and used adhesion promoter, then I used a silver metallic for the base and blue metalcast paint over the top. It is hard to see in the pictures, but the metallic comes through the blue nicely.

I haven't ordered any decals for it yet, but I went ahead and installed it on the bike. The paint color actually matches the frame powder coat fairly close.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back