MBBO#3 and 2015 Winter BO.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you likely to join either (or both) Build-Off's?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been asked recently about the possibility of timing on the next MBBO and WBO.
Here are the dates I have been thinking:

MuscleBike Build-Off#03 2014-15: September 1st 2014 to January 1st 2015.
Winter Build-Off#02 2015: January 1st to April 1st 2015.

Another question has been brought up about extra categories, since we have been running these extra build-offs the smaller two or three people build-offs have declined a little, so how about adding extra groupings to the Winter Build? We can have separate voting for each group and another vote for all entries all together to decide a "Grand Champion".

Gravity bikes have been proposed by a member and I notice some interest in motorized builds too. Perhaps a scratch built class could also be added if there is enough interest. Let me know if there are other groups and maybe we can create a poll as we get closer to gauge interest.

With the MuscleBike Build-Off, I have been asked if there can be a Custom modified/Scratch built class and a Rebuild/Restore class, maybe we can if we get the support, but I think it would also be good to run another vote with them all together for a "Grand Champion" the same as suggested for the WBO.

Are there any other suggestions out there?

Can we also get expressions of interest with the voting poll on this thread in either or both BO's to make sure the builders are there to make running them worthwhile? This is not a membership request, it is just to gauge interest!

Thanks,

Luke.

Last edited:
I am most likely going to be building something in both. One question tho, what classifies a bike as a muscle bike? I plan on building a 20 in banana seat bike for my son, I assume that counts.....let me know.

Thanks

I am most likely going to be building something in both. One question tho, what classifies a bike as a muscle bike? I plan on building a 20 in banana seat bike for my son, I assume that counts.....let me know.

Thanks
Standard rules used the last two years has been:

Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria:
1: Rear tire larger than the front. (wider or taller or both.)
2: Banana seat.
3: Ape hanger bars.

:thumbsup:

The advantage with having the rules that way is it allows for some choppers and dragbikes etc, to join in too! So for examples, a chopper with apes and a small front wheel is acceptable even without a banana seat, a dragbike would be ok with a narrow front, banana seat but low swept back bars instead of apes...

You are of course welcome to do all 3 if you like... ;)

Luke.

Standard rules used the last two years has been:

Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria:
1: Rear tire larger than the front. (wider or taller or both.)
2: Banana seat.
3: Ape hanger bars.

:thumbsup:

The advantage with having the rules that way is it allows for some choppers and dragbikes etc, to join in too! So for examples, a chopper with apes and a small front wheel is acceptable even without a banana seat, a dragbike would be ok with a narrow front, banana seat but low swept back bars instead of apes...

You are of course welcome to do all 3 if you like... ;)

Luke.
Awesome, my plan fits into those guidelines perfect then! I hope to be picking up the perfect candidate tomorrow!

Thanks for the info Luke!

Awesome, my plan fits into those guidelines perfect then! I hope to be picking up the perfect candidate tomorrow!

Thanks for the info Luke!
Awesome! Glad to have you on board!

Luke.

anyone thnking muscle bikes needs to buy that red flake manner from ichi

I just picked this funky bike up for $30. I'm going to be building it for my son.

I will be posting in the fresh finds and bike thread later on tonight about it as well.
It's gonna be tough to sit on your hands till September before you can get to buildin' on that road warrior....

Carl.

One more question, am I allowed to tear my disassemble my bike before the build off starts?

Bryan
Yep, no worries, nothing different than building from collected parts.

Luke.

Put me down for both build offs. I'll have a place and a little money to build by then. I have a plan for the Muscle Bike build, but nothing yet for Winter, but there's plenty of time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back