MBBO#05 These will be the rules. Sept 1st to Dec 1st 2016.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, this is it, these are the rules that we will be using for MBBO#05, if you don't like them feel free to not enter.

2 Classes:

Class 1:
Will now be only for rebuilt and refurbished original muscle bikes or accurate reproductions of an original muscle bike in their original sizes. Period correct accessories are encouraged.

Class 2: Anything goes aside from:
1: Must have a banana/polo/spoon/loaf/you get the idea, seat.
2: Must have ape hangers/steering wheel/rams horn/butterfly/you get the idea, bars.
3: Tire size rake is encouraged.

The rules:

Rule 1- Entire build must be done between 1st September 2016 and 1st December 2016, this is now a 3 month build-off as per the main build-off, you are expected to start a build thread and post progress pics as you go, please don't just build away and expect to jump in at the last second with a finished bike, you can enter at any time before the deadline, but the build must not be finished when you enter.

For the exact Start time that will be used please click here:https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-mbbo-05-start-countdown-clock

For the exact Finish time that will be used please click here:https://countingdownto.com/countdown/rrb-mbbo-05-finish-time-countdown-clock

Rule 2- If your builds rideability is questionable please provide a riding picture or video, just to quell that question from those that like to cause trouble.

Rule 3- Please add "Class 1" or "Class 2" at the start of your build thread title to show which class your build is in.

Rule 4- Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately with a single bike voting picture.

Guidelines:

Please don't argue any more over the rules, there has been too much already.

Please don't start questioning whether someone's build is a "Muscle Bike", if it meets the rules, it is fine. :thumbsup:

Please keep comments light-hearted and positive, this is a fun build-off, if you start causing trouble you might just get removed... :comando:

Have fun builders!

Luke.

Looks great Luke I think you covered it well, & took all the suggestions from MBBO 4 and have made it work ... Looks good to me [emoji106] I would think everyone should be happy if not owell !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to start hoarding away a stash for this. Would a 24 inch schwinn with same shape of frame as stingray count as muscle bike in this build off also same question for the OCC stingrays?

I think I'm going to start hoarding away a stash for this. Would a 24 inch schwinn with same shape of frame as stingray count as muscle bike in this build off also same question for the OCC stingrays?
The 24" Schwinn would have to go in Class 2 as it was not an original size.
The OCC bikes I guess could go in class one, but I doubt they will get much love there competing with originals, they would probably do better in Class 2 with some cool modifications. :thumbsup:

Luke.

The 24" Schwinn would have to go in Class 2 as it was not an original size.
The OCC bikes I guess could go in class one, but I doubt they will get much love there competing with originals, they would probably do better in Class 2 with some cool modifications. :thumbsup:

Luke.
To be a little more correct, the Schwinn Manta Ray is a 24" Muscle Bike. There are a number of 24" Muscle Bikes, like the Huffy Super Stocks that Old School and I are doing a mini-build-off with right now.

However... if he's just building a 24" Schwinn that wasn't an actual Manta Ray, then I agree that it should be Class 2 per the new restrictions.

To be a little more correct, the Schwinn Manta Ray is a 24" Muscle Bike. There are a number of 24" Muscle Bikes, like the Huffy Super Stocks that Old School and I are doing a mini-build-off with right now.

However... if he's just building a 24" Schwinn that wasn't an actual Manta Ray, then I agree that it should be Class 2 per the new restrictions.
Thanks Crash!

I am so in on this one...5 speed spyder or screamer(not sure which one it is)...
20160508_202529_1.jpg

It looks as if all systems are go! Despite protests from my wallet I bit the bullet and scored another early 'Ray. I've got a killer sissy bar/seat stashed away and a couple of other supercool™ parts I'll be installing as well. Anyone have a decent 20 inch S-2 they wouldn't mind parting with? I promise I'll give it a good home.

Started brainstorming on my MBBO build this past weekend. Couple of new twists for me, including gears......and, gasp, 'shiny'......

And, I already have my name picked out so @LukeTheJoker , let me know when the 'name reservation thread' goes up please! :113:

Latest posts

Back