(MBBO#05 Class1) Lester Ray complete

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Final result.JPG

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-5-class-1-lester-ray.100290/

Here is the completed Lester Ray project. This bike started with a 1974 opaque red frame and chainguard that had been spray painted over. The springer front end was pink and found in the trash. Started with a Schwinn Stingray girls flower seat. Used Lester mags.
I repainted the bike "Chicago light blue," and used red Schwinn bicentennial Stingray decals. The bike has Persons pedals, Schwinn gripper slik back tire. All new hardware and a new nickel plated chain. Changed the seat and grips to buck skin tan. The bike is mechanically sound and in working order. Hope you like it and enjoy the video!
To see progress pictures http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-5-class-1-lester-ray.100290/

Final result.JPG
final result 3.JPG
Final result 2.JPG
Final result 4.JPG
handgrips.jpg
IMG_0986.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
Person pedal.JPG
seat.jpg
Quality seal.JPG

Last edited:
Great now I need a Ray with mags, This is AWESOME :43:

I have found some of you videos on youtube mouths ago, glad you found this site.

Muscle with Mags, I remember the mag rays in the neighborhood, just before the scramblers showed up. Really takes me back! Great pics of a sweet bike!
A chestnut brown Schwinn scrambler with yellow mags was given to me when I was around 12yrs old (1985). I Made several unsuccessful attempts at taking those mags and making them work on my Redline BMX bike(tires rubbed the frame). That was the start of the passion.

A chestnut brown Schwinn scrambler with yellow mags was given to me when I was around 12yrs old (1985). I Made several unsuccessful attempts at taking those mags and making them work on my Redline BMX bike(tires rubbed the frame). That was the start of the passion.
I got my first new schwinn (Predator) with red mags, in 1983 when i turned 12. Was 100 steps up from the 4 year old beat up gold and silver team murray i had

Well that's just cool, mags and whitewalls. Buckskin sends it over the top.

Now you got me thinking about the mongoose with mags I saw recently at goodwill, may have to see if it's still there.
That sounds like a good idea.
Let me know if you get it. If they are Lester Mags I would be interested in cash or trade for them. I would Like find a set of original paint Yellow.

Latest posts

Back