(MBBO#05 Class II) 53' Lincoln Rug Burn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be able to use rubber freeze plugs in place of the welded nuts if you cut the fork down. Get the I.D. of the tube and check with your local auto parts for the right size.
41kW57JpRuL._SX355_.jpg
This could work, just have to get bolts long enough to go through the upper tree and into the plug.

If you do end up cutting the fork legs, star nuts are stocked at most hardware stores. If not just drive the ones in the forks out the bottom after you cut them and reinstall.
Yeah that's how it worked with the center tube but...
No star nuts on the top of the OCC forks, they've got welded nuts...

You might be able to use rubber freeze plugs in place of the welded nuts if you cut the fork down. Get the I.D. of the tube and check with your local auto parts for the right size.
41kW57JpRuL._SX355_.jpg
This could work, just have to get bolts long enough to go through the upper tree and into the plug.
I like star nuts better I think. But I wonder which would be the least likely to slip? The biggest hassle is that the OCC upper tree isn't open all the way so that the forks can go thru. Instead they have a solid top with a circle underneath that the fork slips into, and screw holes for the machine screws to go thru to attach to the welded plugs... clean looking, but a hassle to modify.
c83c03e4af00185398500bd9a7cdab8e.jpg

Carl.

Gotta get those images to super impose shot.

Carl.
It can be done with Paint.net, just put them all in separate layers and then go into layer properties and adjust the transparency.

All you shots need to be from the same angles though...

Luke.

It can be done with Paint.net, just put them all in separate layers and then go into layer properties and adjust the transparency.

All you shots need to be from the same angles though...

Luke.
Yep, that's what I was planning to do, and why I will use a tripod and a centerline to put the bikes on.
It's been a little rainy here and I've been working on my sisters house during the day so... no progress yet.

Carl.

You have to be very careful using photos to determine measurements and angles. I have found that the best way to minimize fisheye distortion is to back away from the bike as far as possible and use maximum zoom to fill the frame. Also make sure that you are centered both vertically and horizontally. Even then it's not exact but it gets fairly close.

You have to be very careful using photos to determine measurements and angles. I have found that the best way to minimize fisheye distortion is to back away from the bike as far as possible and use maximum zoom to fill the frame. Also make sure that you are centered both vertically and horizontally. Even then it's not exact but it gets fairly close.
Thanks brother! Got any tips for my final photo? ;)

Carl.

Chopper Style don't fight it.
Apes and a banana.
90e0d7ae13d2e352a47c5b952b34049d.jpg

It's gonna need a wheelie bar.
9a9e7b70fcb7274a19b58600b76e800b.jpg

Also needs a kickstand and paint.

Carl.

sent from a crowded phonebooth...

Last edited:
Wheelie bar will be really cool on that bike! Wow! Did those forks and tall post / seat rail really transform that look. Dig it! :cool2: Your step stool stand makes it look really tall, like you need a ladder to get up on it. :grin:

Got any color choices in mind?

I always like the black primer. In the past I've used it and then went with something and afterwards looked at the bike and thought, I really liked it black. But, I've been thinking about a golden amber flake. I still need a shifter too.

Carl.

It's gone from roller to rider.
It's actually pretty comfy and, I can ride it without wheelie bars and not flip up. Of course you can kick it up pretty easily, so I do need to fab some up. But 3rd gear feels good, and when I find a shifter wheelies oughta be cake.
46b777d876e2c1a2c20941bc15f684d7.jpg

Skiptooth 3 speed coaster....yeah.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back