(MBBO#05 CLASS 2) - Sassy - Finished - Round 2.5, riding strong!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slow progress. Working a lot lately. Spent last week and weekend working with robots, not bikes. So today, I finished grinding off the kickstand bracket and the brake cross support,

and whacked and pulled and pressed in, and finally a perfect fit.

Tire rolls well with about 5-10mm clearance all around.

Add seat and the short apes, looks like a stretched monster to me.

I think the apes are a little too small. Have others may pilfer another bike..

Robots? Bicycles?
Sounds like a future transformers build.
Hmm, now that's a thought...
Thanks kjv
Looks good!
Will your bottom bracket be wide enough to clear the tire?

Luke.
It should be, will pull the cups and put the conversion in to mKe sure, after the top bar is in.

Which is what I cut off this morning. Used the Drexel and a diamond cutting disc on the narrow spot where the cutoff wheel would cause problems.

Then finished cutting it off, might not have to add more than an inch to the length, will see after I grind it down.

My friend suggested I flip the bar. I think I like it humped up. What do you think?

Last edited:
Hmm, now that's a thought...

Thanks kjv

It should be, will pull the cups and put the conversion in to mKe sure, after the top bar is in.

Which is what I cut off this morning. Used the Drexel and a diamond cutting disc on the narrow spot where the cutoff wheel would cause problems.

Then finished cutting it off, might not have to add more than an inch to the length, will see after I grind it down.

My friend suggested I flip the bar. I think I like it humped up. What do you think?
I'd say if you want it to look really 'long and low' then go with the flopped top. Otherwise, more muscle-y looking with the convex standard look. And I agree on the apes, taller, and if you have ability, stretch them back more?

Looks good!
Will your bottom bracket be wide enough to clear the tire?

Luke.
Bottom bracket, when i press it in, should have plenty of room. Lined it up and spaced the stops according to how i see it fitted.

Decided on the muscle look. Added a lottle rake to the head tube, just to get the top bar to fit.

My welds arent pretty, burned thru a spot or two and had to fill it in. Will hold. Wont look so bad when i am done.

And the next mockups.

That's a big tire muscle bike for sure!
To quote OJ. More bigger, more better ;-)
Radical!...[emoji106]
Thanks.
Oh yeah, that looks cool!

Luke.
Thanks Luke, i think it is turning out well, IMO, looks better than the mens version of this frame.
I think you chose correctly.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...
[emoji106]
Looks bad@$s! :rockout:
Thanks 1hp. The look is sweet!

As for progress, none, but i did park it in view of my office, and it draws my attention... The build is to the point it excites me and i want to ride it, each time i walk past. Lots of ideas, hope the front axle comes soon. All that keeps from sitting on it.... er, plus seat is off again...

Planning for a little bit of stopping power...

acad53ec8f2b15bc1428d6a650d98382.jpg

5543cb3d4f75217c7892146a400cbbd9.jpg

6ad632fc241b45d74705ded9a9fe4e54.jpg

Figure a couple of stainless brackets are in order for the caliper mounts...

Latest posts

Back