(MBBO#05 CLASS 2) - Sassy - Finished - Round 2.5, riding strong!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
This is what I am thinking so far. Bright Shiny Metallic, slightly Iridescent Green.

Been thinking on the frame and have a couple ideas, permanantly convert this girls bike to a guys using a similar tube off this scrap frame. Not sure yet of the rest of the details. Yet.

First mockup...

That seat almost looks like a real banana! I like the long wheel base.[emoji106]
Its an overstuffed, Comfy little seat. Covered it last mbbo with faux yellow suede. Waterproofed with boot spray.

Gonna have to have short cranks if I keep that 20" on back. Think i have a kids bike crank somewhere...

Awesome!
Pretty sure you could just cut that nice tapered tube out, move the back up and weld it back in to do the sex change, be a shame to lose the tube, nice curves...

Luke.
I was thinking #1, wanna grab that seat post and arc it back, leaving 4" straight tube at the top. Then add a top bar with the tapered.

You suggested #2, which would almost reach, would have to extend it about an inch. But, now thinking to cut it off to raise as you suggest and extend it 4 inches or so for # 3. :)

MC, in the game! And goin' shiny....what's become of us rusty ratters?! :bigsmile:
Got rusty zombie chaser going on as well. It will finish before this one.

I figure with my ugly welding, gonna have to add some color and shine to kinda offset it.
I'm looking @ the seat thinking "that is a real banana.... what is he taking about? "

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Hehe [emoji106]

To bend the top tube back, will be spreading the chainstay and seatstay tubes. Plan to pie cut them and bend them in as i bend the seat tube.

Anyone know a good pie cutting template sw that might make it a little easier? Else will draw them in by hand.

Need 190mm wide at the dropout. Funny how plans change as the bike starts to speak...

i love that seat bro i think i just got an idea to do with my seat but slightly different so i don't steal your idea thanks for the inspiration i like what your doing so far keep t up

i love that seat bro i think i just got an idea to do with my seat but slightly different so i don't steal your idea thanks for the inspiration i like what your doing so far keep t up
Feel free, glad to help out where I can.

That same seat mounted on my 65 HiLo last MBBO for fun...

To bend the top tube back, will be spreading the chainstay and seatstay tubes. Plan to pie cut them and bend them in as i bend the seat tube.

Anyone know a good pie cutting template sw that might make it a little easier? Else will draw them in by hand.

Need 190mm wide at the dropout. Funny how plans change as the bike starts to speak...
check for sprocket clearance!! that 2nd drawing won't work unless you have a tiny crank and sprocket ;)

Ooh, good point OJ, was thinking, rim, tire and hub clearance. The 10speed shimano cassette on the back, wasnt thinking front... wonder how small i can get away with up front... hmmm. Maybe a 32t oval. re-calculating....

Edit: Oval is out, it went with a box of stuff to UT...

Last edited:
If you are using a 1 pc crank, I have a 26t cog I just pulled off my MBBO crank arms that would give it a very low gear range. Not much for high end though....:21:

Latest posts

Back