(MBBO#05 Class 2) J.C. Draggins..... Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forks are coming out awesome!!!!
Have you considered using paella pans instead of pizza pans like @MONARKofSoCal did in BO11?
They already have dish built into them.

Upper tree mounted, what do y'all think?
0afe05c835f29e03c85a2c1aa5890660.jpg

e0f6c07cae2cbd469566dc66743a19e9.jpg

Break time over, time to GTB.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk
Verry Nice ! well done drilling those :41::113:

Upper tree mounted, what do y'all think?
0afe05c835f29e03c85a2c1aa5890660.jpg

e0f6c07cae2cbd469566dc66743a19e9.jpg

Break time over, time to GTB.

Looks great!

...also intimidating and dangerous!:blackeye::)

Hey @CRASH what was that you said about

Drag fork?
6f6eeca7ad251052ff4212eee8fd7b27.jpg

I miscalculated the holes a bit, but got them well enough that I can fix them.
bbde110d36f313910a41c7d0a7f20854.jpg

fa5f62c05005ffc2a14b82d46efb5805.jpg

I can weld, but I'm no welder. I'll clean them up and go over them again. But overall, I'm pretty stoked.
And remember, I'm not using these bars; I'll make those too.

Forks are coming out awesome!!!!
Have you considered using paella pans instead of pizza pans like @MONARKofSoCal did in BO11?
They already have dish built into them.
Thanks, I did consider that. Only thing about the paella pans is they aren't smooth, atleast not the ones I saw.

Looks great!

...also intimidating and dangerous!:blackeye::)
Yea, they're very sharp and pointy. I'll file them a bit.

I love the forks so far. I have a friend who was drafted by the white Sox but is also a life long cubs fan.
I wonder how the guy on the Indians feels now, can't remember his name but he's a lifelong cubs fan too.

Thank you all for the comments, I really appreciate them...good or bad. Let me know what you think of the stance.

Agree with Mr Boltnut above ^ ! Yes, it is 'bad', and that's good. I can't help but thinking the rust and crust really adds to the rat-isfaction I'm feeling just seeing it put together for the first time. Any chance it will stay that way?

Annnnd...I want to see video of you with that long front end up in the air and you railing on the wheelie bars! WAHOOOOOO! :21:

The stance is Killer I like it , very good looking bike already , Bad to the Bone ...
Thanks.

Agree with Mr Boltnut above ^ ! Yes, it is 'bad', and that's good. I can't help but thinking the rust and crust really adds to the rat-isfaction I'm feeling just seeing it put together for the first time. Any chance it will stay that way?

Annnnd...I want to see video of you with that long front end up in the air and you railing on the wheelie bars! WAHOOOOOO! :21:
Nope, it'll be painted. Unfortunately I won't be able to chrome the fork, but I plan to see how shiny I can get bare metal.
As I said, I'm no welder. But, yea...there will be a video.

Assuming the front end isn't to heavy to hold up.

Hey @CRASH what was that you said about

Drag fork?
6f6eeca7ad251052ff4212eee8fd7b27.jpg

I miscalculated the holes a bit, but got them well enough that I can fix them.
bbde110d36f313910a41c7d0a7f20854.jpg

fa5f62c05005ffc2a14b82d46efb5805.jpg

I can weld, but I'm no welder. I'll clean them up and go over them again. But overall, I'm pretty stoked.
And remember, I'm not using these bars; I'll make those too.

Sits AWESOME! Nice work so far[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the maiden voyage was a lot of hold on tight and trying to pedal to no avail.

After realizing the rake was far to much, I re-adjusted the fork length.
Still a little wobbly, and a pedal scraper... but rideable.

Then I noticed this.
66419562fa4951eff800abef741b2ca6.jpg

The lower tree bent pretty well.

That's 11g steel... re-enforcement needed?

Will need to find a shorter crank too.

This definitely won't be a long trip bike.

Man that's a bummer. Are the forks welded into both sets of trees? Maybe you could straighten it and add a perpendicular brace underneath? Kind of make it like a "t"

It's looking pretty wicked.

Man that's a bummer. Are the forks welded into both sets of trees? Maybe you could straighten it and add a perpendicular brace underneath? Kind of make it like a "t"

It's looking pretty wicked.
No, if I welded the top tree I couldn't take it apart for paint and new bearings and such.
I'll straighten it out and make some kind of re-enforcement.
I had to quit today, caught a piece of metal just under my glasses. Have some face swelling. I'll figure something out this weekend.
Turns out we have a couple more nice days.

No, if I welded the top tree I couldn't take it apart for paint and new bearings and such.
I'll straighten it out and make some kind of re-enforcement.
I had to quit today, caught a piece of metal just under my glasses. Have some face swelling. I'll figure something out this weekend.
Turns out we have a couple more nice days.
Some little pieces of steel welded to the fork legs so that the top plate sit directly on top of them and prevent the fork legs sliding through, will make the top plate structural and help stop the lower plate bending...

Luke.

Some little pieces of steel welded to the fork legs so that the top plate sit directly on top of them and prevent the fork legs sliding through, will make the top plate structural and help stop the lower plate bending...

Luke.
Stance is killer by the way!
:thumbsup:

Luke.

Thanks.
I thought about using seat post clamps or something around the fork legs under the top tree, I'll have to poke around the scrap pile for something.

I like how it sits too, seems a few folks here do. I just wish it was rideable the way it sits in the roller pic.
The forks will be shorter, with the wheel closer to the frame so I can ride it.

Makes me wonder how the bike CRASH posted handles.

Latest posts

Back