(MBBO#05 Class 2) ★★★ ¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ ★★★ (SOLD to finance exciting new venture!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Luke!
Don't be deceived about the time left. As you well know the clock will sneak up and bite you!
Yeah, I know! :confused:
At least I am closer to being on schedule than I was! :)

Luke.

Yeah, I know! :confused:
At least I am closer to being on schedule than I was! :)

Luke.
I know the feeling. I should've known two builds at once was crazy. One is right on schedule and the other is languishing on paper...
I can't wait to see the panels on.

Carl.

Looking good !!
When you do work you work sir:113: , 4 flap wheels:13:

iam very curious of what the side panels will look like:nod:

I know the feeling. I should've known two builds at once was crazy. One is right on schedule and the other is languishing on paper...
I can't wait to see the panels on.

Carl.
43 days to go, do you think you can get them both to the line?
Looking good !!
When you do work you work sir:113: , 4 flap wheels:13:

iam very curious of what the side panels will look like:nod:
:21: :thumbsup: Well I guess they cleaned 40 feet of weld, so that is 10' each!

The side panels will be the same vinyl as the seat just with only 1/2" of padding behind instead of the 2" the seat will get. Really looking forward to seeing the white quilted vinyl on there when the frame is all painted up!

Luke.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Me too!
I can see it done in my brain, but there are some angles and details I still can't visualise properly, I am sure there are going to be some angles on it will little surprises that I never realised would be there...
That is a lot of flap discs on such a small object.
To be fair, most of them were half used before today, I tend to take the initial bite out of them on rougher projects so they don't cut too much on the nice stuff...

Luke.

The side panels will be the same vinyl as the seat just with only 1/2" of padding behind instead of the 2" the seat will get. Really looking forward to seeing the white quilted vinyl on there when the frame is all painted up!

Luke.
that should be beautiful !

To be fair, most of them were half used before today, I tend to take the initial bite out of them on rougher projects so they don't cut too much on the nice stuff...

Luke.
:thumbsup:same i have a few put aside for polishing

Well one point you're ahead of me is you already have a metalflake rig... of course I'm ready for paint, but it looks like you're getting there. A shifter is high on my list too.

Carl.

It is a smaller trike than it looks! ;)

Luke.

I remember last year when you first showed a pic of you next to Pedro. I was surprised how small it was. Lower and wider than it looked sitting by itself too. Can't wait to see this one.

Did you show where the pedals will be yet? Don't see anything for a bottom bracket to attach to yet.

Did you show where the pedals will be yet? Don't see anything for a bottom bracket to attach to yet.
Pedals will be roughly where the feet of the rider go...
:21:

Still working on that one!

Luke.

Tricycle style on the front hub?
That would waste all the work put into the diff... I have a plan, just need to take measurements to get an exact location is all... :thumbsup:

Luke.

So how will u be mounting the chopper top?

No I don't give up easy..
I'm relentless...
Regardless my own personal motives, it's really awsome dude. I'm actually surprised it's only 40feet. Add one for the differential stretch also :).... The insert panels will really balance it nicely....
When I first saw the cutouts I thought were planning on running them open, either way a great shape and aesthetic.
The frame could have turned to a wild built Honda ct70 if u ran it solid. Way cool design!!

Oh yea, there's a differential.
I should get more sleep so I know what's going on around me.
:thumbsup: All good, easy to get confused with all these builds going on!
So how will u be mounting the chopper top?

No I don't give up easy..
I'm relentless...
I was thinking about angle plates that can slip down the side on the seat towards the back and bolt underneath. But I doubt there will be time to make it happen...
I'm actually surprised it's only 40feet. Add one for the differential stretch also :).... The insert panels will really balance it nicely....
When I first saw the cutouts I thought were planning on running them open, either way a great shape and aesthetic.
The frame could have turned to a wild built Honda ct70 if u ran it solid. Way cool design!!
:thumbsup: Thanks!

Worked on the bottom bracket frame piece today.

Started by adding a curve forward off the rear loop:

2016-10-22 22.23.55.jpg

Decided to try make a pointy spear head crossed with a stingray sort of shape for the end of that tube:

2016-10-22 22.24.15.jpg

Didn't really suit the style of the bike though, the frame is all curves and no sharp edges anywhere...

So trimmed to points off in line with the tube:

2016-10-22 22.24.35.jpg

Now it just looks like a love heart, not really what I was after either... Decided it looked good from the sides though, so just decided to run it upside-down...

Drilled holes for pad welds and made a long sleeve for inside the tube as there could conceivably be a lot of force on it when someone stands up to pedal:

2016-10-22 22.24.57.jpg

2016-10-22 22.25.57.jpg

2016-10-22 22.25.17.jpg

The sleeve I made was so tight that I actually had to hammer on the extension piece, damaging the point in the process, I will have to come back and fix this later:

2016-10-22 22.25.35.jpg

The bottom bracket will be mounted on a slide on top of this tube, it needs to be adjustable as there is no allowance for chain adjustment at the rear.

Also added more weld and sanded down some more on some areas that needed touch up, trying to keep on top of it as I go... ;)

Next step will be making the bottom bracket slide and adding gusset plates to that new piece of tubing.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back