(MBBO#04 Class 1) - B4C builds Hooligan!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I was stunned by that seat and when that white tuff came up I was uber impressed.. but yeah that last mag is kinda awesome so that's the way I'd go.. should paint'm white though me thinks..:bigsmile:

....But the rear hub has issues so I changed directions before the build off even started...

Carl.

GC, Do these wheels inherently have problems, or did you just have a problem with the one you had?

I am torn! The white set is coaster brake where the third is a freewheel. As evident on Immaculate Deception, I do like a clean design... Guess we'll have to see how it looks each way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No inherent problems that I know of...it's just a battered and worn freewheel that slips. (I did get my mags from a scrapper) Would be an easy fix if I had the removal tool. I will at some future point in time, but when I found the 3 speed hub I'm using, I knew I had to go chrome. Lacing is fairly new to me so it's still fun building wheels... I do like those mags though...

Carl.

The third set is definitely the most unique with a high "cool factor"...I echo the "paint them white" comment, as that first mag really ties in with the green frame and that seat...oh, that seat...!

It is a tough decision...even more so after the first round of stripping...

7979972ee2329a5faabafa24fdd45fc2.jpg

bd247a42917411b87a9e93b9ae641f5a.jpg

Man, this black really doesn't want to let go!!

Lotta folks like oven cleaner...
but I've never tried it.

Carl.

Well, persistence, elbow grease, and secret weapons (dental picks) pays off! The wheels are now 99.4% black-free!

cfcae2205d81728dc4c73fab6aa92b56.jpg

Just had to get some tires mounted on the alloys and on the frame...

d9c60b3db517f2b21fd7f5a623bd3809.jpg

The Yakima rack just might be a satisfactory alternative to buying a work stand!

Last edited:
Well, persistence, elbow grease, and secret weapons (dental picks) pays off! The wheels are now 99.4% black-free!

cfcae2205d81728dc4c73fab6aa92b56.jpg

Just had to get some tires mounted on the alloys and on the frame...

d9c60b3db517f2b21fd7f5a623bd3809.jpg

The Yakima rack just might be a satisfactory alternative to buying a work stand!

Wow! That has an awesome look to it. The open-spoke design gives it a fast and tough look....Now I'm not sure if you should maybe leave them aluminum, paint them black, or go with the white to match the seat...?!? Maybe if you threw the seat up there.... :(:bigsmile:

Latest posts

Back