Maybe one more

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm bored and I cleaned my shop up and rearranged things where I have a little more room. I'm going to try to do Antial's design. What I have come up with so far will be close. He had a solid tube on the bottom and twin tubes on the top. I am going to do twin tubes on the top and bottom. I ran into a kinda design problem right off the bat . On his there is really nothing to hold the back part of the chain stays. I'm going to do a curved tube around the back wheel that I have grown to love. I can still do his seatpost , but it will just come together at the top of the curved tube around the back tire. I'm just in the design stage and I need to run tomorrow and pick up more tubing. Its coming together. Here is what I have so far.

canucit006.jpg

That seems to be the plan Clancy....you leave and I build a bike.
Hey maddog they call it schedule 40 ...gas pipe sounds so cheap :cry: :cry: I think this is the last one after that last last one. Who knows.

:lol: the "last one" was the last one, this one is the "next one" ... or "this one" :lol:

hey uncle, how many hours do you think it would take you to crank a frame out after you know what your building ? just wondering :?:

CCR said:
hey uncle, how many hours do you think it would take you to crank a frame out after you know what your building ? just wondering

When I was doing those Colson Clones and I had the stuff , I could cut one out , bend everything ,and weld it together in a good 8 hours. Then a day to sand welds and bondo and sand the bondo. Spray it the third day. I should have this one pretty well looking like a frame tomorrow if I don't dally :wink: I'm really in no rush anymore. This one is just to kill the boredome. Probably cut it up unless it turns out really cool for some reason.

The Jedi Master at work again!

Can't wait to see this one...Please don't let it be the last!

Thanks Mark should be fun.
You know Steve that could be done....Give me a section.."Uncle Stretch's Corner" being family and all. :roll: :roll: Until then I will try to be entertaining .

It looks like this one needs to go in the new forum classification that Rat Rod added.

This one will definately be "built from scratch".

If this one looks good and rides good - and you paint it blue - I might even beat you out of it! :D

Yo Bro whats up. Been a while since you posted. I have no idea how it will turn out ,but I'm not sure about blue...Maybe royal blue.
I'm going to move it. AHHH! perfect....not as good as Uncle Stretches Corner ,but I'll take it .

I hope I can get it done. We are expecting another round of bad weather...Maybe snow again. That dang global warming is killing us this year. Hope to at least get the tubing tomorrow and get it bent. Still have some planning to do. I think I have it in my mind. At least its on the floor. :lol:

Latest posts

Back