Maxxis Holy Rollers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had these 26x2.4 Holy Rollers for a while now. I didn't buy inner tubes when I got 'em. Do I really have to spend $40.00 to get inner tubes for these ? Is that the going rate for decent tubes?
http://www.amazon.com/Maxxis-Freeride-M ... d_sbs_sg_5
515ZGKA0K7L__SY445__zps1fc285a2.jpg

Thanks Jeremy. I was kind of concerned that 1.75 - 2.125 tubes would not be adequate for 2.4 tires.

RatSphinx said:
Thanks Jeremy. I was kind of concerned that 1.75 - 2.125 tubes would not be adequate for 2.4 tires.

I couldnt link it to the 2.5" size but I hope you noticed the different sizes in the drop box, I always get tubes through a lbs anyway. I've ran smaller tubes in bigger tires with no problems to speak of before, but sometimes a guy just wants a piece of mind. :mrgreen:

CCR said:
RatSphinx said:

I couldnt link it to the 2.5" size but I hope you noticed the different sizes in the drop box, I always get tubes through a lbs anyway. I've ran smaller tubes in bigger tires with no problems to speak of before, but sometimes a guy just wants a piece of mind. :mrgreen:
I always run smaller tubes in my tires. I buy for my smallest diameter which is 1.5, and use them up to 2.125
For 3" tires I use 2.125
But as was mentioned, use good tubes.

Thanks Jeremy for the help. I think I'll visit a LBS or two this weekend. I'm using the Bus system to get to work right now, as my truck got totaled 10-05-13, and I'm hurting too much to cycle right now. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

CCR said:
RatSphinx said:

I went to the LBS and found Bontrager 26x2.20-2.40 tubes today, $8.00 each, just like you said. Thanks again for the suggestion. 8)

Latest posts

Back