MattRod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 13 year old has been peddling around Hex53 from the 2012 Build Off and it weighs a ton, I decided its time for something mo rat... I have this 53 Hawthorne that needs to be revived. I'm thinking some super large metal flake paint and ape hangers for sure

Here is the bike after sand blasting and primer... also shown are some of the parts that are mixed in with some other projects...

Stay tuned for more!

Last edited:
Shake and Bake

You Da Magic Man!
looks like fun with all three.

Snowed in, then an ice storm, car is stuck down the road... perfect time to get on these bikes. I'm after a totally smooth and flawless frame and parts, and it can be a complete pain in the rear to get their. First round of sanding and filler... looking good, more primer filler tomorrow.

Horsed around with fenders I had laying around... Spacing was super tight with the Sidewinders and the fencer to tire ratio looked stupid to me. I decided that a whole fender was not what I had in mind so I cut it down and modified the fender to fit as close to the frame as I could to get some clearance.

So... Basically I have been a little lacking in the communication department, I got pulled into making a drone with my son and that basically ate all my time and money. Anyhow here is the final bits of progress on Mattrod and where it is today. Cheers!

Headlight fabrication

Build

Paint- hard to tell but it is full tilt metal flake

NEXT- Decals and finish

Sweet paint!! I first saw this on my cell phone, but it looks great on my pc monitor.
SHAKE AND BAKE!!!

Latest posts

Back