Mash Banger "Last Act"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A heck of a lot incredible builds already this year! The evolution of the RRB build off is amazing. In six short years all of you who compete keep raising the bar and pushing the limits. I'm humbled to be welcomed into this family and props to Steve for this monster he has created. It's alive!

I'm in with a cantilever frame but stuck on which one to build. Anyone who would like to suggest their favorite have at it. I've narrowed down to five. #1 FS Elite #2 Murray #3 Grand Champion #4 Jamis and #5 a 1961 Schwinn Corvette. Each one has it's own coolness or history. But keep in mind that this is a competition and one of these frames will be thrown to the dogs. And I would be that dog. If you are confused? Remember, I am Kuttnhack, a metal grinding spark throwing wire feeding fool. On with the competition my good friends...
BBB6ShovelArt001.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt002.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt003.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt004.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt005.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt006.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt007.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt008.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt009.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt010.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt011.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt012.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt013.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt014.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt016.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt019.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt021.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt022.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt024.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt025.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt026.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt027.jpg
BBB6ShovelArt028.jpg

Re: Cantilever

herr_rudolf said:
Use the grand champion and build a Brittish themed bike!

Good luck and have fun!
+1 I agree, pretty sweet collection of frames ya got there, but the Grand Champion is verrrrry nice. 8)

Two votes for the Grand Champion. One vote for the shovelhead tribe. Thanks guys. What would be a British bike theme? Other than a Union Jack, I'm not seeing it.

I like that lugged beastie as well... I'm picturing a British Racing Green bike with one of those license plates on the front fender, maybe some Vincent or Norton touches?

Yeah use the Champ English style. O and those tikki mask are Awesome! I guess you could do a dark grey or gun metal and call him Earl Gray LOL

gowjobs said:
I like that lugged beastie as well... I'm picturing a British Racing Green bike with one of those license plates on the front fender, maybe some Vincent or Norton touches?

My first thought were indeed British Racing Green. Go dive into British racing history. Lotus. Formula 1.
And ofcourse them motorcycles... BSA?
Or a Royal Airforce build...

While I like the rake on FS Elite, if you're building a chopper-style bike.
The Schwinn is just 'classic'
But, I must say I'm mostly drawn to the lugged Brit, those rear facing dropouts are different for that style of 'Schwinn-influenced' canti frames.

I'd go with the Brit.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Absolutely do not use the Grand Champion. It is way too cool. It's so cool you might get frostbite handling it.You should put on really thick gloves, pack it in an insulated container and ship it to my house. :roll:

Now every other cantilever frame in the build off is going to seem ordinary.
Best wishes,
Floyd

I'd save the english frame for a later kustom.It is very cool,and could be done on an english car theme--maybe A/C roadster(AKA FORD CORBA)but for this I'd go with one of the other frames and give some though to the GC frame

Thanks all, for your suggestions and help. I like the British vibe you guys have going so... The Grand Champion will enter the ring. I am going to try to save the original graphix on the top tube "Made In England" and the seat tube "Grand Champion" so I'm pretty sure no repaint mate. Looks like I better get busy scrounging some bloody parts together. Anyone with cool Brit racing, aero history or ideas that might push this project along please cut loose. Pictures always have a great impact.

good luck bro i dig the lugged frame too good luck like you need it your designs are always great

Cantilever

Nice to see British bike frames represented. Some pinstriping around the lugs would be very apt.
I'm going to be following this one for sure.

Had a little spare time today to start laying out posible parts combinations. The frame appears to be a middle weight as any fat tires are not going to fit. Too bad! It would be nice to run some black wall Thick Bricks front and rear. The tire combo I have now looks to be the best fit and the look I'm after. Bobbed rear fender, kicked back seat pan and a big headlight looks to be the beginning. Looking at ideas from the 1960's and 1970's Rockers with their Tritons. The Ton Up racers with visits to the Ace and Brighton Beach cafe's. And members of the 59 club. Found the Falcon site and those bobbers are the hot ticket. Thanks till next time.
GCStart001.jpg
GCStart002.jpg
GCStart003.jpg
GCStart004.jpg

Re: English Cantilever

The english racer guys say Ford Pinto Green is a very close match to their raleigh green if that helps.The Brits liked single and fixed gear bikes a lot.They also had some really cool handle bars.

Latest posts

Back