Markm

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0022.jpg

Hey all, my name is Mark Montez. I'm married with 2 daughters, 10 and 11. I'm from Indiana and I play guitar in a Heavy Rock band. I've ALWAYS been into bikes but moreso here of late. I love to ride and LOVE to build. I have approx. 35 bikes of various types. When my wife and I met she was living in her Grandparents house and in the shed outback was her Grandfathers 1969 Schwinn Panther slowly rotting away. I moved it with us to our new house and slowly (at first) began to entertain the idea of rebuilding, NOT restoring it.
0095.jpg

and came up with this...I love this bike!!!! And its been a giant snowball rollin downhill ever since!!! I really dig this site and all involved with it.I have learned ALOT from you guys and I thank you all!![/img]

I just noticed that nobody had officially said welcome to you.

Welcome! :mrgreen:

Better late than never. right?

I got excited when I saw this post, I thought Mark was posting again as he did several times a day everyday. Any news from Mark since his last postings about his unfortunate bike sale

Hello evryone. Never sold the bikes, they're safe in storage. Lifes been a bit of a bummer since my last post. Moved into a small apt. Lost my Dad on Dec 18. Bankruptcy and divorce. Don't have space to build anymore. Not too sure what I'm gonna do.. miss you all.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Divorce sucks too, been there done that.
Hope everything gets better for you soon.
Stay up man and if you need it, we were all ready too pitch in
and start a fund for storage if need be so you could keep all your
awesome bikes and parts. Just say the word I'm sure you will find
lots of help where you least expect it.

Skipton said:
WOW! I'm I glad to see your name pop up on here!

Sorry to hear about your Dad. And all the other hard things going on.
Sending some positive mojo your way.

Skip
+1, Great to see your avatar up again, the forum isn't the same without " :D :D :D Cool"

Markm said:
Hello evryone. Never sold the bikes, they're safe in storage. Lifes been a bit of a bummer since my last post. Moved into a small apt. Lost my Dad on Dec 18. Bankruptcy and divorce. Don't have space to build anymore. Not too sure what I'm gonna do.. miss you all.

Life is tough when we loose someone close to heart. Divorce is also tough but I've been there twice. The first one is hard but the next one not so much :p

Most people say that you have play the hand you were dealt. I say that's bull. It's your game and you can change your hand how many times you choose.

A new friend with a big garage is what you need so you can have room to work on your bikes!

Markm said:

Hey Mark, didn't even see this post. Sorry about the loss of your father. Hope you get back on your feet.
I'm praying for you,
Nick

Mark, never met you personally, but have lived each and every one of your pains right now..i lost my dad 5 years ago..just remember all the good times..know that he is still with you..watch over you..guiding you..make him proud..i went through 2 divorces..it gets better..much better..i know it sounds crazy to you now..but you will see..I lived for 3 years in a 1 bedroom upstairs apartment with 6 bikes...just hang in there..it doesn't feel good to you now..but it will..I found a girl that is perfect..loves bicycles..loves riding..actually encourages my habits..we now own a 4 bedroom house..and like 25 bicycles...all i can say is just hang tough..life is a wild ride..but a fun one in the long run...

Latest posts

Back