Manta Race UPDATE, COLOR ADD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m so in for this build off. I’ve wanted to do one for a while but the timing never worked out. I’m a huge fan of power block TV and any other car build show. One in particular that I liked was Wrecks to Riches. The premise of the show was to take a muscle car era beast and restore it using today’s technology. This is what I will base my build on. I will be taking a muscle bike era machine and restore it with today’s technology. I want to build this bike the way I think it would have been done had the technology been available.
The frame I have chosen for my build is a 1972 Schwinn Manta Ray.

DSC_0004.jpg

Re: Manta Race

I am looking forward to seeing this Manta built. that is a serious tool you got there.

Watching while M.I.A. in Southeast Asia.

To remove those shift lever bosses, cut parallel to the down tube, not perpendicular!

Incorrect, with the old trek frames the braze-on is more then just the post. There is a curved flange that fits the shape of the down tube. They are also bonded to the frame and have a set screw let runs through the frame to the other tab. I wanted to save the both sides and the screw. The best way to do this was to make the cut I did. I will post pics later today of the whole part.

We need an Rock Lobster update!!
You get the hot rod Manta back page save tonight.

MantaRayNegFlameFire1.jpg

Latest posts

Back