LukeTheJoker's Intro and Links. BIG MOVES!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little update:

Not quite 2 years on the site now, but just clicked over 10,000 posts! :eek:

Currently building my 7th bike on the site, soon to start another for MBB#03!

Guess I am a confirmed bike nut! :crazy:

Luke.

A little update:

Not quite 2 years on the site now, but just clicked over 10,000 posts! :eek:

Currently building my 7th bike on the site, soon to start another for MBB#03!

Guess I am a confirmed bike nut! :crazy:

Luke.
:bigsmile:

A new update!

Not quite 3 years on the site now, this is my 15,000th post! Guess I am still averaging around 5,000 a year!

:forum:

Luke.

Congrats!
You just might pass me by the end of 2016!

I thought I read somewhere that you get banned for posting more than 15 per day! You're averaging very close to this ;) Well done they can't say you're not dedicated.
Wow! Never heard of that! Some quick maths seems to indicate an average for me of 13.8 posts a day, there have been some days I have posted way over 15 posts, pretty sure I did 50 one day there at the end of BO#08...
The 15 a day thing must be just a rumour?

Congrats!
You just might pass me by the end of 2016!
:21: If you stopped posting now, maybe King! You seem to have me whipped on "likes" these days though! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Do you sleep?....at all, Luke?
going thru your builds and how to's is like an encyclopedia of bike building...Master Level for sure.
Please don't tell me you have like two other full time jobs as well....:43:

I wish I could find more info on mechanical joints, because I don't weld..not going into why...but I know there are ways. I mean, I built some radical arched wood doors, and some awesome boats with sweeping curves years ago.... that (obviously) weren't welded....and they're still standing proud today...
(you know I always sneak in a query
;)

Franco

Do you sleep?....at all, Luke?
going thru your builds and how to's is like an encyclopedia of bike building...Master Level for sure.
Please don't tell me you have like two other full time jobs as well....:43:
I actually have some serious illnesses and spinal damage, so I don't work at all and sleep or lie down an average of 12 hours a day...

Bike building is my hobby of sorts to stop me from going insane from boredom, I spent 10 years running my own fabrication business, won a few awards for my work too, so having to stop work when I fell ill was hard to deal with, this keeps me entertained and distracted enough that I can deal with it.

Back when I was working, if I was building these bikes, most would have been done in a week instead of 3-4 months, but at least this way I can do huge amounts of planning in front of the computer or sketchbook for the times when I am not up to the actual building. :thumbsup:
I think it is the amount of planning that is done that makes the bikes and builds flow nicely...

I wish I could find more info on mechanical joints, because I don't weld..not going into why...but I know there are ways. I mean, I built some radical arched wood doors, and some awesome boats with sweeping curves years ago.... that (obviously) weren't welded....and they're still standing proud today...
(you know I always sneak in a query
;)

Franco
That is an interesting question! It may be possible to bolt a frame together with careful planning and cutting the right donor parts from other bikes, but I'm not sure the result would be favourable... Maybe the answer for you, with your experience, is to build a wood framed bike? :wink1:
Wood joints and finishing is outside of my experience, so I would love to see it and learn! :113:

Luke.

first of all, I'm sorry to hear of your health issues
one would never know with the amount of energy u have in your builds.

I've got some ideas for mechanical joints, I've been pretty clever with joining most of my life....but, then again, I haven't done any serious frame chopping. I'll wait till i get a little flush and get a cheap stick welder probably at Harbor Freight.

You've been a great inspiration to me...
Keep doing what you're doing...we don't want you going insane now
:13:
Franco

Luke I started building this bike as kind off a therpy for me.I also don't work due to a brain injury.This makes me feel whole again
It is great to hear you found something to do that for you! :thumbsup: I do it for the same reasons, without something to do and focus on my mental heath goes downhill very quick and my physical heath soon follows...

Would love to see more of your bike, do you have a thread and some pictures somewhere?

Luke.

Latest posts

Back