Low Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20140505_070714_zpszhkpsm1m.jpg
I hope I'm not too late to jump into the build off. I've been watching from afar for a while and have been impressed with everyones creativity. My first attempt Is this twin tube roll fast that i talked my son out of. My plan is to lower the frame and rake the seat post back a bit. Over all make a combo low rider board tracker. Motorized is part of the initial plan but summer is short so we will see how much time I can spend on it.would love to try to build my own tank.

The twin tubes attracted me to this frame. I was originally going to call the project Super Leggerra (italian for light) but couldn't justify calling this bike light weight. I'll get started with the work this weekend.

It's never too late!!!! I didn't join in my first build off (#6) until 30 days before it ended.
By the way,
:banana::rockout::113::dance2:I think you are the 100th entry into BONINE!!!!:dance2::113::rockout::banana:

Had some time today to start with the frame mods. I removed about 3inches of tube behind the seat post and detached the swing arm from the crank hub. Rotated the back half of the bike upward and tack welded in place. There was still room to move the seat post back so I notched it and bent it into a curve. The small single tube was cut off and flipped over to give me more room for the tank. Started to experiment with tank shapes and it is in the photo. What do you think of this? Should have more time over the weekend to start on the front forks. these look bent inwards to me.
Stay tuned

20140511_121910_zpskhpgnom0.jpg
Good weekend for building. I removed the forks and pressed them back to somewhat straight and where they look good. Cut about a an inch and a half from the kick stand to get it to stand up. Bobbed the rear fender and played with different handlebars and stems. I like the ones in this photo but looking for opinions. Overall, The shape of the low tracker is about where I want it. A friend suggests a different front fork and I agree. Will start looking for something more substantial and possibly a way to lower the front end. Any opinions on a fork are welcome.

Wow seems fairly appropriate right now, what a difference. As far as forks go, yes to the ones in the last shot but recurved. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have no chance to work on the
Low tracker this weekend but will be channeling all of the ideas i see here for the next build session. Have some new ideas for the front end and
20140512_202245_zps2o1xuwja.jpg
will start the tank next week

Looks fantastic man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back